The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter or Bath Nighlife and social life

Hi,
I am currently choosing between Bath and Exeter. I know that the course is very important but I am worried about coming from a northern city and not fitting in or being bored. please could you tell me about the nightlife in either uni and whether there is much going on on campus.
I am also sporty and would love to get even more involved in sports at uni.
what are the people like and which uni is more fun!!

Thankyou very much
hi i am in the same pickle...
bath seems to me to be the better choice when it comes to reputation but i am so afraid of getting bored there and honestly the coast close to exeter is a big plus...
can someone please sharesome info ?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Yeah I'm in exactly the same position. I'll be going to an applicant day on Wednesday so will be sure to post here my thoughts afterwards...
Original post by aaaaaaaaaalex
hi i am in the same pickle...
bath seems to me to be the better choice when it comes to reputation but i am so afraid of getting bored there and honestly the coast close to exeter is a big plus...
can someone please sharesome info ?

Be a bit careful with Bath. Their overall reputation and ranking (in most league tables) is boosted a lot by their sporting performance, so it's not usually a true representation of their academic standing.
are you sure that this is a credible criteria to boost them in the league tables ?
All about Southampton wooooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am in the exact pickle as you are so i would love to get some answers aswell
what i feel is that bath and its reputation is better but that the city might be boring to live in in the long haul... can someone please comment ?
Reply 7
i am in the same position, slightly preferred Exeter campus etc but Bath is higher in the rankings so don't know
Reply 8
Bath is completely dead at night. I seriously looked at Exeter,Bath and Warwick. At Bath, I asked my guide, where you could go dancing on campus, and he pointed out a small square dance floor in the corner of the pub(both Warwick and Exeter have a purpose build club on campus for dancing and a night out). On the campus of Bath, there is no theatre,no cinema etc. nothing except a great sports complex. I am now a first year student at Warwick, though many times I wish I had chosen Exeter, as the social life is so much better there than here(but much, much better than Bath). At Exeter, when you feel like going off campus, you have the clubs of Exeter a 10 minute walk away(1 hour walk to the city of Bath)
Original post by Glenbard
Bath is completely dead at night. I seriously looked at Exeter,Bath and Warwick. At Bath, I asked my guide, where you could go dancing on campus, and he pointed out a small square dance floor in the corner of the pub(both Warwick and Exeter have a purpose build club on campus for dancing and a night out). On the campus of Bath, there is no theatre,no cinema etc. nothing except a great sports complex. I am now a first year student at Warwick, though many times I wish I had chosen Exeter, as the social life is so much better there than here(but much, much better than Bath). At Exeter, when you feel like going off campus, you have the clubs of Exeter a 10 minute walk away(1 hour walk to the city of Bath)

I think the above comments are probably true. exeter uni is definitely closer to the city than bath and a much easier walk back than that huge hill up to bath uni. I would not worry about reputations as there is very little to choose between them. I cannot comment on sports at warwick but both bath and Exeter have really good sports facilities but baths is probably slightly better in that the sports grounds are on site whereas some of exeters are not. also Streatham does not have an indoor pool this is on st lukes campus
Original post by sarahhhhhhhhhhhh
Hi,
I am currently choosing between Bath and Exeter. I know that the course is very important but I am worried about coming from a northern city and not fitting in or being bored. please could you tell me about the nightlife in either uni and whether there is much going on on campus.
I am also sporty and would love to get even more involved in sports at uni.
what are the people like and which uni is more fun!!

Thankyou very much

If your as bigger "rahhhhhh" as you've put in your screen name you'll fit in well in either place :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending