The Student Room Group

Homesikness final year

Hi guys
So living at away from home was not an issue until last year
it was at the end of y second semester I started feeling homesick during exam time when lectures were over
I a now in my final year and I a very homesick this year, I decided to live in a one flatmate so I could concentrate on studies
but I feel very homesick what is annoying is that I am in my LAST YEAR LAST SEMESTER i LITERALLY have 9 weeks left altogether
I have lots of uni work and dont want to fail because of this
any advice would be very much aprreciated :smile: :smile: :smile:

PS its a 2 hour train ride home so I can't commute :frown:
Go home at weekends?
Reply 2
Original post by seaholme
Go home at weekends?

I cant because I cant get work done at home and I am already behind my lecturers said because of this problem :frown:
Original post by justme321
I cant because I cant get work done at home and I am already behind my lecturers said because of this problem :frown:

Every other weekend then? Or just tell your family and friends: I only have 9 weeks left, I need to do work, I'm terribly sorry but this is how it is. And achieve some work when you're at home. Go to the local library, anything.

You can't solve homesickness unless you go home (and with only 9 weeks left it's too late to distract yourself/make new friends, really!) and equally you can't solve not doing work when at home without... doing some work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending