The Student Room Group

Not sure which university to choose from my offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cobie782
i went to view liverpool and lancaster. in my opinion, walk any direction from liverpool uni for more than 5 minutes and the place is a dump. seriously on the city centre is half decent. i visited lancaster today and it is my firm 1st choice. excellent location, great accommodation, the staff are great and its 10th best in the country, 5th for student satisfaction and has been awarded with the best accommodation in britain for 4 years in a row. GO TO LANCASTER

Thanks man. The only place I'll be seeing in Liverpool is the walk from the train station to the university. I'm definitely swaying towards Lancaster at the moment though.
RDB57 is totally right, I applied to Lancaster, liverpool and birmingham and it was really hard choosing between lancaster and birmingham but I ended up choosing Lancaster because it's got a great learning environment whereby there is a balance between academic life and social life, it's really perfect. well even though birmingham is like a prestigious uni, you still have to understand that it may not be for you. same applies to liverpool which I madey insurance choice. I went there (law department) but it isn't as welcoming as Lancaster, the main reason Liverpool kept pointing out was they are russel group therefore we should choose them. even tho the city is pretty rough. to cut long story short, Lancaster is my firm, and I have no slight regret whatsoever because let's be honest, a lot of Unis should be in the russel group, but if that happens then it would loose it's prestige. but LANCASTER ALL THE WAY!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RDB97
That's the issue. Lpool is Russell Group but Lancaster has LUMS and is 5th in the UK for A&F

have you gone to see liverpool?
i loved it when i went -esp the city (although i guess you're already from around there) for me i thought the city seemed vibrant and interesting- and im saying that as someone from london

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending