The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Post application open day

Anyone attending the post application open day at Durham in March want to organise something to see what the Durham nightlife has to offer?
I don't know what you're expecting from the post application open day (I know I had no clue), but to give you a heads up it's nothing like any other open day you'll have been on (it's better :P) Each college organises evening activities, and usually has a range on offer from quiet games/ films, to a night in the bar with various activities. For example, in my year there was the option of a film, or a neon rave in the bar, followed by going out. For people who are 18+ there is also the opportunity to go out - you'll be taken with other people from your college with some of the student reps, as there'll be special offers on entry etc. available. You get to meet other people from different colleges too when you're out - it's a really good experience!

So basically, you can choose to do your own thing I think, however you'll probably have more fun sticking with the student reps as a) they know where to go and b) everyone else will be there too! They also prefer people to stick together as it's much safer, Durham in general is pretty safe but if you don't know your way round at night you really need someone to show you!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest