The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

I support everything you've said. Thank you for responding to this discussion!
Original post by Corpus Admissions
I plan on making some sort of report on the competition available on the Corpus web page once I have the results in from the medics. I'll give a breakdown of which questions were attempted, and I'll ask the assessors to write a paragraph or two giving an overview of the entries.

That would be very interesting! Thank you!
I was more trying to make the general point that, especially in light of the government's recently unveiled plans to force all schools to become academies (despite there being no evidence that these improve anything), instead of more useful reforms, the education system is sometimes quite unfair and more needs to be done to make it fairer. It seems like a structural issue rather than one unique to Cambridge itself.I'm sure that all the winning essays were fantastic (and written without help).

I don't blame Corpus at all; I very much appreciate their running of the competition. It's also nice that Corpus have taken an interest in this discussion.
Does anyone know if the school or teacher who nominated the prize-winning pupils have been informed?
Does anyone know when the essay competition for 2016 - 2017 starts and what topics are apart of the competition because people have said that they did the politics and law competitions but they were not options for last years competitions.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Original post by sammychu00
Does anyone know when the essay competition for 2016 - 2017 starts and what topics are apart of the competition because people have said that they did the politics and law competitions but they were not options for last years competitions.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi Sammy, we usually post the questions in November, with a submission deadline in Late February. The subjects change from year to year, depending on which Fellows are available to set and mark the questions. I'll post an update on TSR as soon as we have the competition details sorted.
I have a problem with the cover sheet because I hadn't realised that my teacher needed to sign it, but it's half term so I won't see my teacher before the competition ends, so what should I do?

I have emailed Corpus Christi and my teacher but neither of them have replied.
Deadline is next Friday.
I have a problem with the cover sheet because I hadn't realised that my teacher needed to sign it, but it's half term so I won't see my teacher before the competition ends, so what should I do?

Deadline is next Friday.

My suggestion: if you haven't heard back send it anyway, with a note explaining, and then resend with the cover sheet when you get it signed.

It might, or might not, be acceptable. That's up to @Corpus Admissions.

Edit: I've moved your post into the Corpus thread. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 188
Hello all, does anybody know if the 2500 word limit is including references? I am guessing it includes citations as it refers to footnotes however can not figure out if it includes references as well! Thanks
I sent off my essay and cover sheet via e-mail on Saturday, but I haven't got a confirmation of entry yet. This is for the English prize- I also registered my essay before but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail. Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by jack-JM
Hello all, does anybody know if the 2500 word limit is including references? I am guessing it includes citations as it refers to footnotes however can not figure out if it includes references as well! Thanks

I think it includes references as well
Reply 191
Original post by riddhi_k
I think it includes references as well

I email and they told me it does not, thank you for your reply
I sent off my essay and cover sheet via e-mail on Saturday, but I haven't got a confirmation of entry yet. This is for the English prize- I also registered my essay before but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail. Has this happened to anyone else?

I applied for the economics prize. I assume they will email us when the deadline has passed

I sent my entry & cover sheet on Sunday and got a confirmation email on Monday so you should have gotten one by now if you sent one before I did. Maybe email and ask just in case they forgot to send you one
what did your confirmation email say and what did you enter for?
Reply 195
Original post by moss6
what did your confirmation email say and what did you enter for?

I entered economics however have not got the confirmation email as I sent it yesterday
(edited 7 years ago)

Deadline is next Friday.

Had the same problem. I emailed them a few days ago and they said to sign the part that I have to sign myself and write a note on the cover sheet explaining that you'll re - send the completed cover sheet after half term. :smile:
For those of you who entered the economics one, what question did you do? I did the third question and realized half way that the fourth one would've been so much easier. But I enjoyed the challenge though :biggrin:
I did the third question too
Original post by moss6
I did the third question too

How did you find it?

I just read over my essay and spotted a grammatical error :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending