The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r2016
May I know what competition should I enter to "help" with my law application?

Any. Or none.

Do things like this because you want to, not to "help" your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Any. Or none.

Do things like this because you want to, not to "help" your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm. I think it’s valid to do extra curricula’s like essay competitions to strengthen a law application.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Hmm. I think it’s valid to do extra curricula’s like essay competitions to strengthen a law application.

Sure, if someone enjoys doing them. There's plenty of people at Cambridge who never entered any essay competitions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r2016
May I know what competition should I enter to "help" with my law application?

v late to this thread

I was commended in the corpus english essay competition a while back, and am now doing law at Oxford; I didn't even put the essay on my personal statement as it wasn't particularly relevant.

There is a prize called the 'Peter Cane Legal Reasoning Prize' at Corpus Christi, Oxford, which requires no previous knowledge of law (unlike the Trinity Cambridge one). But most people get in without having done any.
Reply 284
Thanks a lot . Really appreciate it
Original post by ReluctantWriter
v late to this thread

I was commended in the corpus english essay competition a while back, and am now doing law at Oxford; I didn't even put the essay on my personal statement as it wasn't particularly relevant.

There is a prize called the 'Peter Cane Legal Reasoning Prize' at Corpus Christi, Oxford, which requires no previous knowledge of law (unlike the Trinity Cambridge one). But most people get in without having done any.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending