The Student Room Group

FREE Programming/Coding Help Desk

Scroll to see replies

Oh I see, Ill see what happens I guess, but any recommended software etc for either?
Reply 261
Original post by sodaman96
Oh I see, Ill see what happens I guess, but any recommended software etc for either?

I think you mean IDE. For C# I'd highly recommend Visual Stdio Express Edition as an IDE, and for Java I'd highly recommend IntelliJ Idea Community Edition. Both are free.
Original post by Async
I think you mean IDE. For C# I'd highly recommend Visual Stdio Express Edition as an IDE, and for Java I'd highly recommend IntelliJ Idea Community Edition. Both are free.

Cool, thanks for all the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah okay, I understand. I feel like I might go with c#, I have heard java is supposed to be quite challenging for newbies. I only played around with the utter basics.

Java (and even C++ imo) are only challenging if you use the more advanced features of the language. If you are starting out, you won't go anywhere near those bits.
Original post by Async
If you need any help to do with programming. Post it here on the thread, and I will reply to all of you. If you are facing a bug, or need advise on anything post it.

I know the following languages fairly well: VB.NET, C#, Java, PHP. I also know SQL, CSS, Regular Expressions and good knowledge in Object Oriented programming and many more.

Ask away people.

I may well be soon starting a uni project requiring me to replace the music within Skyrim - probably needing someone to go in and rewrite some code (C++ according to my lecturer). I've no programming experience. Any help?
Original post by The Racist Dragon
Java (and even C++ imo) are only challenging if you use the more advanced features of the language. If you are starting out, you won't go anywhere near those bits.

Ah okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 266
Original post by XMaramena
I may well be soon starting a uni project requiring me to replace the music within Skyrim - probably needing someone to go in and rewrite some code (C++ according to my lecturer). I've no programming experience. Any help?

Find out how they're playing the music, kill the process. Replace it with yours. Offcourse it's never that easy. Nothing in programming is easy. Unfortunately I don't know much that could help you in this area. What you're doing sounds a bit unethical to me.

That's like breaking into someones house and turning off their music system and replacing it with yours :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRsRSxUX4Iw
Don't know it if will be of any use
Reply 268
Original post by The Racist Dragon

Now I think about it, it's very true. C++ was only confusing for me at first because I treated it like C#. On my first day of C++, I tried to create custom objects and using inheritance and all sorts.
Original post by Async
Find out how they're playing the music, kill the process. Replace it with yours. Offcourse it's never that easy. Nothing in programming is easy. Unfortunately I don't know much that could help you in this area. What you're doing sounds a bit unethical to me.

That's like breaking into someones house and turning off their music system and replacing it with yours :smile:

Except it's for a university project on exploring emotion through music in games. Hell, I'd never release so much of my music publicly for free.
Reply 270
Except it's for a university project on exploring emotion through music in games.

I guess you're covered by your uni
Reply 271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRsRSxUX4Iw
Don't know it if will be of any use

Hmmm, I think I may have overcomplicated things. Seems like the way you posted is simpler
Original post by Async
I guess you're covered by your uni

I'm covered by having the go ahead from Bethesda after emailing them during my proposal stage a month ago :smile: Trouble is, they gave me the right permissions legally to do the project, but didn't actually give me any info regarding the source code to make it possible.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm covered by having the go ahead from Bethesda after emailing them during my proposal stage a month ago :smile:

You should have asked a cheeky question about fallout 4 :P
You should have asked a cheeky question about fallout 4 :P

Don't have fallout 4, or any fallouts. What are they about? I know theyre post-apocalyptic, but thats it
Don't have fallout 4, or any fallouts. What are they about? I know theyre post-apocalyptic, but thats it

Fallout 4 isn't out yet release was announced recently. Imagine the open world situation in skyrim with a post apocalyptic setting with guns
Fallout 4 isn't out yet release was announced recently. Imagine the open world situation in skyrim with a post apocalyptic setting with guns

Ah i see. Didn't know they were Bethesda. I thought they were the same guys as Gears of War
(edited 8 years ago)
Ah i see. Didn't know they were Bethesda. I thought they were the same guys as Gears of War

Never played gears of war ahaha but they are definitely Bethesda although the original 2 and fallout new vegas they were only publishers
Never played gears of war ahaha but they are definitely Bethesda although the original 2 and fallout new vegas they were only publishers

probably just similar storyline
I am working in a company that requires me to process documents using their software (a win32 app, look quite old, i was told that it was developed around 2002) to retrieve and submit raw and processed documents. 70% of the work is mechanical (data entry) and 30% requires human judgement. Some colleagues have resigned so the volume has been massive and many of us take OT to fill in their boots.

I have thought of automating the 70% of the work. But i do not know how to write a program, whether in vb, python, c#, that can hack into another 3rd party windows app, and retrieve value from a text box, label, or input value into a textbox in that program. I would imagine if i do so the antivirus would detect and classify it as a virus so i need antivirus evasion too?

Can you please point me into the right direction what need to know to write such programs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending