The Student Room Group

Going further

By the time I next see my LDR bf we will have been together over 6 months and yet we still haven't had sex. We are in our 20's so it's a bit strange. We haven't discussed it at all but I believe he's had sex before (I haven't). I know I should ask about it but I'm not sure why he hasn't. I can only presume he doesn't want to. I know he loves me, as he has said it a few times whilst I don't feel the same at the moment. I don't know why he hasn't tried anything as when we first started talking he would hint at the fact he'd had ONS's etc.
Should I wait until we next meet up and discuss it? Or should I somehow ask now? It's going to be a while until we do meet up but I saw him the other day for a couple of days. I don't know what to do.
Maybe he's still not over his previous one-nighters just yet
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Maybe he's still not over his previous one-nighters just yet

How do you mean?
Original post by Anonymous
How do you mean?

You said he had sex before, maybe it invoked bad memories because either he or his previous girlfriends didn't enjoy it
Reply 4
Although he had one night stands, you haven't, so he may be waiting out of respect for you. If he kept hinting about wanting sex with you, it may make you feel pressured so it's possible that he's waiting for you to tell him that's what you want.

It could also be that he would prefer it to mean as much to both of you. One night stands are one thing, but he obviously wants more than that from you as he chose to be in a relationship with you. He might want to wait until your feelings match his until he sleeps with you. If sex is what you want, then it doesn't hurt to bring it up with him and let him know. But don't just assume that he doesn't want to, he's obviously interested - he loves you. Like I said, he could be waiting out of respect or until you love him also.
I got with my partner when I was 18 and he was 25. We didn't have sex until 10 months after we got together (although we did do other things quite quickly). I just didn't feel as though I was ready, I was ridiculously unconfident in my body that didn't help. He waited for me, and six years on we're still together.

I know everyone says this, but wait until you're ready, and if he's worth it he won't mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending