The Student Room Group

Investment Banking without a penultimate year internship

I am a student studying Economics and Econometrics at a University ranked in the top 5 for Economics. I applied to a range of different investment banks in London and got rejected by them all. I was wondering how likely (or unlikely) it might be to land a graduate scheme with an investment bank in London the following year without this penultimate year internship. Do you think it is worth applying for a masters and reapplying in September for internship programmes?
Reply 1
Not very likely. They're harder to land than summer internships and you'll be up against plenty of people who interned but didn't get a full time offer.
Original post by luke121123
I am a student studying Economics and Econometrics at a University ranked in the top 5 for Economics. I applied to a range of different investment banks in London and got rejected by them all. I was wondering how likely (or unlikely) it might be to land a graduate scheme with an investment bank in London the following year without this penultimate year internship. Do you think it is worth applying for a masters and reapplying in September for internship programmes?

I'd go for doing a Masters at a target university. You really need an IBD internship behind you or some significant work experience in a highly related area to stand a chance for graduate roles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending