The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc. in Business Analytics

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone!

I have an offer for the MSc Business Analytics programme at WBS, and am expecting one from Imperial as well. I had Imperial as my first preference, but after going through a number of threads on this forum with many people rating WBS higher, I am now confused. Any suggestions on which of the two programmes I should go for? And which one has better reputation in the Middle East and Asia?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Hi ahmad,

I'm doing MSc in BA in Imperial and got several friends doing BA in WBS. Not sure about reputation because it is not my concern from the beginning. Imperial is better recognized worldwide but WBS is a recognized institution as well. They have good facilities and connection in the career services

The two programs are different in terms of nature. WBS program is skewed towards BUSINESS, which means you would pay less attention to programming and data processing but more about how to leverage the tools in business applications. The modules are more fundamental i.e spreadsheet modelling or some basic stats. However, for IC, it would be more skewed towards ANALYTICs that means you need to maintain a certain level of programming in Python, R and other technical platforms. It's kinda a joint program bw Data Science and Business. That means you would involve with more technical stuffs and less with business stuffs. If you are not confident with your technical background, it would be challenging at first.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the response! Yes the course offerings do give this feeling that Imperial's programme is relatively more technical. And I like that as I am interested in getting solid grounding in working with modern analytics tools. And I have basic-intermediate programming skills so I hope I would be able to manage.

After what you said, the only thing that still makes me keep warwick under consideration is its partnerships with IBM and SAS. Technical training in analytics is indeed what I'm more interested in, and these partnerships with the giants in the field looked more appealing to me than KPMG... despite the better course offering by Imperial.

What would you say about this? Do these partnerships give any extra edge to them? Do you guys at Imperial get any training on IBM softwares or SAS?

Original post by hoa91
Hi ahmad,

I'm doing MSc in BA in Imperial and got several friends doing BA in WBS. Not sure about reputation because it is not my concern from the beginning. Imperial is better recognized worldwide but WBS is a recognized institution as well. They have good facilities and connection in the career services

The two programs are different in terms of nature. WBS program is skewed towards BUSINESS, which means you would pay less attention to programming and data processing but more about how to leverage the tools in business applications. The modules are more fundamental i.e spreadsheet modelling or some basic stats. However, for IC, it would be more skewed towards ANALYTICs that means you need to maintain a certain level of programming in Python, R and other technical platforms. It's kinda a joint program bw Data Science and Business. That means you would involve with more technical stuffs and less with business stuffs. If you are not confident with your technical background, it would be challenging at first.
Reply 23
For me the only good reason to choose Warwick would be if you spare money. If you are an international student, tuition in both schools is probably at the same level so I would definitely recommend Imperial. The programme also has quite a lot of partnerships, KPMG is by far not the only one (look at the Advisory board for example). And even for top companies that don't have partnerships, people didn't really have problem securing interviews (more so succeeding at the technical parts, hence the importance of a good course offering).

You can see my quite comprehensive answer on the topic on Quora: https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-MSc-in-Business-Analytics-program-at-Imperial-college-London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending