The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc. in Business Analytics

Hey folks!

I just got accepted into the MSc. in Business Analytics programme at ICBS. I wanted to know if there are other people here who have applied to the same. What do you think about this programme?

Cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So am I the only one who applied for this? :P
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
that really good, applied but didnt get in. what school do you attend and what course are you studying
Thanks Han! :smile:
Hey,
My interview for MSc in BA got done on Friday (4/20)
By when can I expect the results?
Hey,
My interview for MSc in BA just got done on Friday (4/20).
By when did you guys get to know the result of the interview?
No not at all :smile:.
As I've had some experience in BA the questions were mainly on my present job, short term/long term goals, the skills that I've picked up and the sectors I would like to work for in future.
Hi,
Do you know which is the rate of acceptance for the interviewed?
How long does it take to have an offer/rejection?

Thanks!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Shruti1805
No not at all :smile:.
As I've had some experience in BA the questions were mainly on my present job, short term/long term goals, the skills that I've picked up and the sectors I would like to work for in future.

Hey Shruti,
Are you a final year undergraduate or already at work now? And how long has you waited for a interview after the upload of 2 reference letter?
Reply 9
hey guys, how long do u usually wait for the interview? I have already waited for 2 weeks... really in anxiety:frown::frown::confused:
Original post by Chet04
hey guys, how long do u usually wait for the interview? I have already waited for 2 weeks... really in anxiety:frown::frown::confused:

Hey,

I've sent my complete application on 23/3 and received an email for the interview on 16/4.
Reply 11
Applied on 31/3, received invitation to interview today for interview on 2/05. I hope it will work. This programme looks really interesting and well structured :smile:

I have also been accepted in LSE, but I don't find their Management/Management Science programmes as attractive as those of Imperial Business School, despite the better brand name.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Hi you guys,

I got offers from Business Analytics course in Imperial College London and Warwick. I'm thinking hard of choosing between those two schools. The tuition fees are approximately the same, only differences might lie in the stipends.

I'm international student and graduated from top-tier local university, however, I expect to find a job in developed market such as Singapore, Hongkong or UK if applicable.

Please let me know your advices on this.
Hey i got an offer for the Msc in BA too - im a little older (29) and an entrepreneur that is currently running a startup. Im wondering how old other people are on this course?
Hi rorington,

I'm 21. I think that the average age of the course would be 23-24.
Hey Edoardo,

Can i ask what your background is and your hopes from the course?

I did speak to someone at imperial and they said the age range is quite spread out. Lol i should of asked them what the median age on the course is....start as i mean to go on!

Ive been the commercial lead in several technology companies though non of them have hit it big time yet - i already have a masters in a very different field but have a good understanding of stats through this. Ive looked at the course as a bridge between my interests that i can use to start focussing on big data startups - probably in healthcare - post graduation.

Best
I'm studying Management and Production Engineering at Politecnico of Milan. But in the last months i found a strong interest in the field of Big Data. At the same time, statistics and mathematichs have always been my passion. I hope to learn in this course mathematical model to deal efficiently with data. I think this will be very useful in a future career.
I also would Like to work, at least at the beginning, in the supply chain and logistics field.
Hey edoardo,

that sounds great. Supply chain and logistics is pretty interesting stuff and it looks like they have an elective for it as it was something im interested in too.

Do you have much of a programming background? I have some skills i have picked up from working but nothing major, im hoping there is a steep learning curve with this course.

Best
Original post by rorington
Hey edoardo,

that sounds great. Supply chain and logistics is pretty interesting stuff and it looks like they have an elective for it as it was something im interested in too.

Do you have much of a programming background? I have some skills i have picked up from working but nothing major, im hoping there is a steep learning curve with this course.

Best

I know pretty well C++ and IBM ILOG CPLEX (optimization software) because i had two exams during my Bsc. What i need to study on my own this summer is a bit of R and Phyton, and maybe the basis of MATLAB.
Original post by hoa91
Hi you guys,

I got offers from Business Analytics course in Imperial College London and Warwick. I'm thinking hard of choosing between those two schools. The tuition fees are approximately the same, only differences might lie in the stipends.

I'm international student and graduated from top-tier local university, however, I expect to find a job in developed market such as Singapore, Hongkong or UK if applicable.

Please let me know your advices on this.

Hi guys,
could you share the interview questions of BA in IC? I received invitation last week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending