The Student Room Group
Reply 1
browser
Originally KCL was one of my UCAS choices, but after submitting my form I changed KCL to Bath (within 14 days).

Got a letter from UCAS to acknowledge my change and a few weeks ago I got an offer from Bath.

And today in the post, I get a letter from Kings giving me an offer.......

WTF

You're a lucky sonuvabitch is all I can say!! :biggrin: Once it's in writing I don't believe they can take it away from you by law..
Reply 2
I guess UCAS might have sent your application to the initial 6 choices and forget to inform Kings after you changed to Bath

You should ignore it... or you might want to reply to Kings stating that its not one of your six choices..
Reply 3
UCAS can be slow, and their interfaces with Universities are generally not great.
Reply 4
I would take advantage of this. Visit King's again and see whether you want to go there or not. I don't know how you would reply to the offer if it is no longer in your UCAS track. But still, you could try.
A similar thing happened to me 3 times :rofl:, I got interviews from Southampton, London School of Pharmacy and Manchester after substituting them. I ended up substituting Manchester 2 times :p:
Reply 6
It happens. If you substitute towards the end of the 14 day period then UCAS will already have sent your form. They don't recall it generally. Last year a girl from my college last year ended up with 10 choices because of this so they're probably all present on track.
Reply 7
Do you want KCL? :smile:
Reply 8
king's college seems pretty good to me!
Do you even want to go to KCL? You have to call KCL, explain to them what has happened, and see what they say. Decide whether or not you would want to accept the offer before you call, but don't be surprised if they say "Oops, sorry, forget we sent that."

lucho22
Once it's in writing I don't believe they can take it away from you by law..

Evidence of this please.
Reply 10
I substituted KCL because I found they have my course on clearing.

However, the offer they gave me is the lowest one I have....so might be useful as an insurance.

I think I'll visit and then make up my mind.
Reply 11
In your sig it says you applied to 6 places so maybe thats why... they just added bath rather than swapping it.
browser

However, the offer they gave me is the lowest one I have....so might be useful as an insurance.

I think I'll visit and then make up my mind.

Yeah, phone them up and inform them of your situation first. Southampton gave me an interview even though I substituted. I phoned them up and they said that I could still have a visit and an interview. I attended and had a talk with the admissions guy, and he said if I still wanted the place, then I would have to decline all my offers, and go through UCAS extra. He said that he would give written confirmation that I would have a place, but this whole thing goes through UCAS, therefore you have to go through Extra. He said that some universities give offers outside UCAS, but that's rule breaking, apparently.
Reply 13
browser

How did you find out the course is on clearing? I got an offer for Maths from KCL (didn't substitute). Would be helpful to find out if the course is on clearing so I can err... make sure I don't go there.
Reply 14
mpat89
How did you find out the course is on clearing? I got an offer for Maths from KCL (didn't substitute). Would be helpful to find out if the course is on clearing so I can err... make sure I don't go there.

You can see what was in clearing last year i.e. for 2006 entry by going here

Latest

Trending

Trending