The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am trying to get the D in German up to at least a C (prob max because I will be taking the foundation paper for modules 2 (Retake - 1st time i got an E :frown:) and 4) (BTW modules 1 (got a C :smile:) and 3 are untierd) I no longer do compulsary (no for me haha) PE, I go to my head of years room, with my textbook, revision guide and book (im not a real swot btw lol) and go over things, and I can go and see the head of German anytime I want during this time, or any others, so I am trying! lol
Reply 21
History A-Level is not a step-up from GCSE at all, in my opinion.
Just because somebody is better at sciences and maths doesn't mean anything. I was always far better at sciences and maths, but at school I had top marks across the board in every subject. Choosing to do law was an extremely difficult decision which I'm glad I made, because I could have chosen to do anything. I wouldn't recommend taking 5 AS levels, if you got rid of eng lang and law and exchanged them as someone else suggested it would be better to just have 4. As for that pure maths, ur psychopathic! Taking M1 and S1 rather than the FP would be far easier.

David17 I actually agree with on his final point. Although the history in itself was not harder, you definitely need to pick your essay style up a grade. But, this doesn't make it "harder": you are a year older, more experienced, and for the stage of life you are at it should have the same level of difficulty.
Whats the point in doing 5 AS levels?

Offers are based on 3 A2's, so you only need to do 4 AS's and then drop one.

No matter how much superior you wish to look to admissions tutors, doing an extra subject could in the end hinder your results (ie, I don't know where I would be without my free periods). Its no good getting AABB at A2, because that won't get you into an AAA offer.
Reply 24
Do the subjects which you'll enjoy. That's the best advice anyone could give you.

Latest

Trending

Trending