The Student Room Group

Grades For Bristol Uni Medicine

hello there everyone,
Im new to this so I am I right in saying this is a post thread thingy? Haha I have no idea...
Anyway guys I was wondering if you guys have any idea on the chances of me getting an offer from bristol with these grades. Excluding other stuff, but I do understand there is alot more to it than grades. I'm studying AS levels so lets say I end up with AAAB in physics, maths, chemistry and maybe a B in biology lets say for AS year, with the grades I have achieved for GCSE, do I have a chance?
Biology A*
chemistry A* (year 10)
physics A* (year 10)
maths A* (two years early)
english A*
geography A*
history A* (year 10)
citizenship (half GCSE A*)
english lit A
german A
Plus OCR nationals ICT
I'm really interested in what people have to say. I'm hoping I can get an offer from these grades, but I know that there are grades way better.
Maybe I'm worrying too much, but better safe than sorry.
Thanks guys for reading this and be brutally honest, its a motivator, it really is for me. :smile:
Reply 1
Why Bristol in particular? You will be applying to four medical schools and I strongly advise you not to get too focussed on one place. You can find out lots about applying to medicine on the TSR wiki (though some of the entry requirements are a bit out of date so double check with the universities themselves) and get a bit more of an idea of where might be good options for you.

Your grades seem reasonable - though taking them early is unimportant - and you are taking an acceptable subject combination for A-level, so if you can get predicted AAA, preferably including Biology, get a good UKCAT/BMAT score and have relevant work experience, you stand a reasonable chance. There's a lot more to it than just GCSE grades though!
It's important to have a good personal statement for bristol as well (and any other uni)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending