The Student Room Group

Im Going To Fail Gcse Maths Foundation (Anyone want to revise with me?)

Hello there

I'm currently in year 11 & in 7 weeks 40 days it will be easter and straight after easter my Gcses finals begin.

Now I don't have any major problems with other subjects other than my two weaknesses

Biology (which I am revising first, nearly through b1! Then B2&3)

Mathematics

Now I just sat my last mock of maths today and to be completely honest I found the non calculator paper ok! But the calculator paper was extremely hard for me.

Ok so I am 100% certain that I'll fail maths unless I get help.
My teacher is off sick for the next term.

And I don't have a computer because I come from an extremely lower class family
But I have the maths revision guide which is especially for the Foundation tier

Here is some information about my mathematics

Current grade U
Current exam board Ed excel
Mathematics A linear 2 papers during June as exams
Current tier foundation
Marks needed approximately 70 on both papers 140-150 in total

I really need help with maths.
I can't afford a tutor but I am ready to start revising maths
If anyone is interested in teaching me maths over Skype I'd be grateful
Also of anyone else in year 11 wants to revise together on maths
Tell me your Skype and we can revise I have the app on Android

I really struggle on
Expressions
Lcm hcf
Ratio
Speed and proportion
Percentages
Symmetry
Quadrilaterals
Parallel lines and angls
Scales
Congruency and tessellation
Transformations
Units
Pythagoras theorem
Prisms
Linear equations
Inequalities
Quadratic graphs
Rhe the nth term
Sequences

By struggle i mean if you gave me a sheet with questions I wouldn't now what is going on.
I have no subject knowledge of the subjects above

I really need help
I have time and I'm dedicated to working hard but I need someone to teach or revise with. Ny friends also are stuck on this so they are of no use.
I cannot fail mathematics this year I have to get a C because if I do next year when the course changes ill definitely fail again

Please can anyone help me with this
Any resources would be great
I don't have knowledge of how to answer questions related to those categories
Reply 1
Use exams solution: it will cover every single topic you'll cover for GCSE and A-level Maths, or use other YouTube videos.

You could also get those GCSE maths revision guide, they are very useful and will cover every single point on the specification

Other than that, try and do as many past papers and questions as you can. If you practice enough you'll be able to get top marks.
Go to cpgbooks and buy " mathsbuster foundation" for IGCSE/GCSE then when you buy the programme will ask you for what exam board etc, it will then say your weakness and strengths and will get you though it.
Reply 3
Hey i did the higher paper and i got a C i did it twice, so your gonna not fail, with foundation look at exam board past papers, use your textbooks and pester your teachers till they cannot get enough of you and always ask smart people. With a negative attitude that will not help you improve if you wanna pass maths you need to be like im gonna smash this exam even though i hate the subject like me i am doing AS History and i hate sources but i love the content to get a good grade i have to just go through and do it. There some things in life we have to face and you need maths coz anywhere you go they will ask and if you need help im on sometimes so: These are websites i used
BBC BITESIZE
EXAM BOARD PAST PAPERS
YAY MATH ( american) but useful as taught some of the same content
LOOK AT MARK SCHEME
CONTINUALLY LOOK AT PAST EXAMPLES this will give you a knowledge and good understanding of work required so yeah you will be ok as long as you start revising from now and use tips and websites i recommend i am 100% sure you will get a C in Foundation Maths okay so do what you need to do. :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by The Lonely don
Hello there

I'm currently in year 11 & in 7 weeks 40 days it will be easter and straight after easter my Gcses finals begin.

Now I don't have any major problems with other subjects other than my two weaknesses

Biology (which I am revising first, nearly through b1! Then B2&3)

Mathematics

Now I just sat my last mock of maths today and to be completely honest I found the non calculator paper ok! But the calculator paper was extremely hard for me.

Ok so I am 100% certain that I'll fail maths unless I get help.
My teacher is off sick for the next term.

And I don't have a computer because I come from an extremely lower class family
But I have the maths revision guide which is especially for the Foundation tier

Here is some information about my mathematics

Current grade U
Current exam board Ed excel
Mathematics A linear 2 papers during June as exams
Current tier foundation
Marks needed approximately 70 on both papers 140-150 in total

I really need help with maths.
I can't afford a tutor but I am ready to start revising maths
If anyone is interested in teaching me maths over Skype I'd be grateful
Also of anyone else in year 11 wants to revise together on maths
Tell me your Skype and we can revise I have the app on Android

I really struggle on
Expressions
Lcm hcf
Ratio
Speed and proportion
Percentages
Symmetry
Quadrilaterals
Parallel lines and angls
Scales
Congruency and tessellation
Transformations
Units
Pythagoras theorem
Prisms
Linear equations
Inequalities
Quadratic graphs
Rhe the nth term
Sequences

By struggle i mean if you gave me a sheet with questions I wouldn't now what is going on.
I have no subject knowledge of the subjects above

I really need help
I have time and I'm dedicated to working hard but I need someone to teach or revise with. Ny friends also are stuck on this so they are of no use.
I cannot fail mathematics this year I have to get a C because if I do next year when the course changes ill definitely fail again

Please can anyone help me with this
Any resources would be great
I don't have knowledge of how to answer questions related to those categories

Your best bet is hassling your maths teacher for extra one on one lunch time sessions. If they're nice they'll probably be happy to anyway, but even if they're the type of teacher who hates kids they don't wanna see you fail because it's reflected on them.

Quick Reply

Latest