The Student Room Group

Boyfriend problems!! Arghh

basically me and my boyfriend broke up about a week ago because we didn't see each other very often because of school and working so we decided to break up over it. I still really love him and he said that he loved me too but 2 days ago I found out that he had got together with one of my friends. He admits to this but says that he didn't mean for anything to happen with her. This upsets me because I really love him and I thought he loved me. I spoke to him about it and we decided to leave it in the past but now he's talking about us getting back together which could now work as I've stopped working as much so there's more free time but I'm not sure what I should do because although i love him I'm not sure Im 100% okay with what's happened and I'm not sure I'll be able to push past it. I think it would be easier if he was not friends with her but I don't want to be a controlling girlfriend and say that he can't be friends with her anymore because that's just not fair. What do you think I should do?
He's the one who cheated. He should learn to live without you and you should learn to live without him.
Reply 2
Why have you only started working less after you've broken up?

Anyway, he's got with one of your friends!! How on earth can you still be friends with her and consider getting back with him knowing that? Also, he didn't wait very long before moving on after you broke up..I wouldn't get back with him if I were you.
I never understand why gyal stay wid man after they cheat. Gyal are moist blud. Too emotion driven.
Original post by Anonymous
basically me and my boyfriend broke up about a week ago because we didn't see each other very often because of school and working so we decided to break up over it. I still really love him and he said that he loved me too but 2 days ago I found out that he had got together with one of my friends. He admits to this but says that he didn't mean for anything to happen with her. This upsets me because I really love him and I thought he loved me. I spoke to him about it and we decided to leave it in the past but now he's talking about us getting back together which could now work as I've stopped working as much so there's more free time but I'm not sure what I should do because although i love him I'm not sure Im 100% okay with what's happened and I'm not sure I'll be able to push past it. I think it would be easier if he was not friends with her but I don't want to be a controlling girlfriend and say that he can't be friends with her anymore because that's just not fair. What do you think I should do?

If he loved you before you broke up he would have been devastated by the break up. Even if he's not the type of person to be like that there isn't really any excusing him or your friend, even if he felt needy. I would just cut off contact with both of them. Though you weren't together when it happened I think it's not right for him to pursue something afterwards with you, it's more like one or the other.
If you're not 100% okay with what happened then don't get back together with him.
Original post by shawn_o1
He's the one who cheated. He should learn to live without you and you should learn to live without him.

Original post by amylouisenic
Why have you only started working less after you've broken up?

Anyway, he's got with one of your friends!! How on earth can you still be friends with her and consider getting back with him knowing that? Also, he didn't wait very long before moving on after you broke up..I wouldn't get back with him if I were you.

Very narrow minded thing to say.

When my ex and I broke up I slept with somebody else within a week, not because I didn't still love my ex (I did and frankly I was distraught for months) but because I was trying to get over her somehow, and in my state of mind sleeping around seemed like a reasonable way to do so.

tl;dr, People in love do crazy things.
Reply 8
Original post by Astronomical
Very narrow minded thing to say.

When my ex and I broke up I slept with somebody else within a week, not because I didn't still love my ex (I did and frankly I was distraught for months) but because I was trying to get over her somehow, and in my state of mind sleeping around seemed like a reasonable way to do so.

tl;dr, People in love do crazy things.

Well that's my opinion..completely understand sleeping around to get over someone, but I don't understand why you'd sleep with their friend. That's just a line you don't cross. Surely, if you'd loved them that much you wouldn't want to potentially ruin their friendship as well?
My problem with it is the short amount of time, and the person they slept with. If he genuinely liked the friend, and had got with her a little while down the line then fine, but why use a friend as a rebound. It's just hurting her in 2 different ways.

edit: (obviously can understand the short amount of time, but from the girl's point of view, that would still be really hurtful.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Well that's my opinion..completely understand sleeping around to get over someone, but I don't understand why you'd sleep with their friend. That's just a line you don't cross. Surely, if you'd loved them that much you wouldn't want to potentially ruin their friendship as well?
My problem with it is the short amount of time, and the person they slept with. If he genuinely liked the friend, and had got with her a little while down the line then fine, but why use a friend as a rebound. It's just hurting her in 2 different ways.

Perhaps because he missed her and thus her friend was something of a "link" back to her? You're massively oversimplifying things and making the huge (and probably false) assumption that he was behaving rationally.

Edited to say I've seen your edit. :h:
Perhaps because he missed her and thus her friend was something of a "link" back to her? You're massively oversimplifying things and making the huge (and probably false) assumption that he was behaving rationally.

Edited to say I've seen your edit. :h:

Maybe. Or maybe he fancied the friend all along, got with her and then regretted it?
Well, obviously I'm making assumptions because I don't know either of them and I'm oversimplifying things because sometimes when you're heartbroken you need to be (or need someone to be) objective.
Maybe. Or maybe he fancied the friend all along, got with her and then regretted it?
Well, obviously I'm making assumptions because I don't know either of them and I'm oversimplifying things because sometimes when you're heartbroken you need to be (or need someone to be) objective.

Or maybe the friend fancied him all along and pounced while she had the chance (due to his emotional vulnerability)? That's essentially what happened to me.

I just think it would be silly to forego trying again over something that happened in the immediate fallout to a breakup, especially if both people claim to still love each other.
Or maybe the friend fancied him all along and pounced while she had the chance (due to his emotional vulnerability)? That's essentially what happened to me.

I just think it would be silly to forego trying again over something that happened in the immediate fallout to a breakup, especially if both people claim to still love each other.

Yes there are many possibilities as to why what happened did.

Well I wouldn't be able to try again if the guy I still loved had slept with one of my friends, I just couldn't. Obviously it's down to the OP what she does, and if she thinks she can get past it then great. :smile: I'm just saying what I would do.
Ok sister look, you were not together when he wang dang doodled the ho. I think you just gotta accept your fate and leave that CIS scum alone, as Haile Selassie once said "your thighs would make nice ear muffs", just grab life by the balls and find out what really makes you happy, man or girl cause this guy sounds like big bitch to me
I think you should do what your loins tell you. If you believe that the fedora can overcome any troubles that may resemble Lionel Richie in that one song thats about love then maybe you have a chance at volkswagen ferrari you know? Best of luck to the irish and most of all support UKIP because they are the true rulers of feminism and Neonazism for the 21st century. Good luck and prosper as kurk spock once sed gd by
We were on a break!
Just man up and deal with it, you CIS scum. Don't let that pig get you down, he's a man, and all men are pigs.
Original post by ChickenMadness

Rep.

Also not sure as to whether OP's BF cheated or had sex with the friend a few days after the breakup.

If second case I don't see why it's a make or break, rebounds are a real thing and when people are emotionally charged they look for something to cling onto or something to help move on. Forgive him for not wallowing in self pity and doing something that might help him take his mind of it.
Though with that being said it's still perfectly possible he didn't feel in love with you and just said it like many if not most guys in relationships do, I'm just not taking a cynical approach like everyone else.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending