The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gega4992
Im pretty much the same for cumbria, just received an email from them a few days ago saying they are still processing my application, they are the only one im waiting to hear from now too!

Same and same lol.

Birmingham rejected me earlier today then a few hours later (this evening) Surrey made me a conditional offer. Bit of an ups and downs day for me. Really want Cumbria as my insurance though, starting to worry a bit.

Fingers crossed they'll reply to us both soon!
Reply 581
If anyone needs advice on interviews for Manchester, Edge Hill and Leeds you can ask away. Ive had interviews at all 3 and already got an offer from Manchester and still havent been rejected from Edge Hill or Leeds and my interviews were a few weeks ago! :smile:
If anyone needs advice on interviews for Manchester, Edge Hill and Leeds you can ask away. Ive had interviews at all 3 and already got an offer from Manchester and still havent been rejected from Edge Hill or Leeds and my interviews were a few weeks ago! :smile:

Wow an offer from Manchester well done! :biggrin:
Reply 583

I have an interview for Edge Hill on the 20th January!!
How were the maths/English tests? Were they hard?
And did they ask any questions about current nursing affairs?
Reply 584
Original post by rachbiom
Yeah, mine is for child branch. Fingers crossed that you hear something soon! Where else have you applied for?

Yeah hopefully! Chester, Keele, Nottingham and Demontfort. You?
Reply 585

Original post by JG94
Yeah hopefully! Chester, Keele, Nottingham and Demontfort. You?

Brookes, Coventry, Northampton and Bedfordshire. Good luck with all your interviews whenever they come around :smile:
Original post by KingGoonIan
Same and same lol.

Birmingham rejected me earlier today then a few hours later (this evening) Surrey made me a conditional offer. Bit of an ups and downs day for me. Really want Cumbria as my insurance though, starting to worry a bit.

Fingers crossed they'll reply to us both soon!

I'm in the same boat. i applied 2 months ago, still heard nothing. But i've got the same email you guys got aswell! x
Reply 587
Original post by lausa22

Original post by lausa22
I have an interview for Edge Hill on the 20th January!!
How were the maths/English tests? Were they hard?
And did they ask any questions about current nursing affairs?

The maths test was unbelievably easy especially as your allowed to use a calculator! id recommend a scientific one just to make it even easier! The english one was more on spellings and knowing what words mean in the context of some text they give you but the main question was something along the lines of "what qualities do you need to have to demonstrate caring behaviour?" that is worth about 70% of your mark so expect to write about a page (at least on that).

The only thing they mentioned about current nursing affairs was about the bad press nursing has received lately and what my views were on that! and they also give you a few scenario's to :smile:

hope this helps if you have any more questions ask away! :smile: x x
Original post by littlesocksx
I'm in the same boat. i applied 2 months ago, still heard nothing. But i've got the same email you guys got aswell! x

Thanks I feel more at easy now :smile:

Have you visited Cumbria Uni? I haven't I've just heard Cumbria is a lovely area of the UK to live in.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Thanks I feel more at easy now :smile:

Have you visited Cumbria Uni? I haven't I've just heard Cumbria is a lovely area of the UK to live in.

I know what you mean, i felt really worried about it until i realised i wasnt the only one! Yep i've visited :smile: its nice, very quiet tho. Which campus did you apply for? I live in cumbria you see, so i've applied to Lancaster campus and i live around half an hour away. I think its a nice place to live in, especially if you dont want to live in a huge city. Its a nice place :smile:
Original post by littlesocksx
I know what you mean, i felt really worried about it until i realised i wasnt the only one! Yep i've visited :smile: its nice, very quiet tho. Which campus did you apply for? I live in cumbria you see, so i've applied to Lancaster campus and i live around half an hour away. I think its a nice place to live in, especially if you dont want to live in a huge city. Its a nice place :smile:

Carlisle campus.

I live in London and I hate how big it is.
Reply 591

Congrats on your offer from Manchester!
I have Edge Hill on 14th January :-) what was the group task like? What kind of questions did they ask in the personal interview? They're the bits i'm most nervous about!

I had my interview at Leeds on Monday and they said we wouldn't hear until after Christmas and up until March, but then they said the same at my York interview yesterday and I got offered a conditional place today, so i'm a bit confused! Do you know anyone who's had an offer from Leeds? :-) x
Reply 592
Has anyone got an interview at Manchester on the 11th of January? I got my letter today :smile:
Has anyone heard from Staffordshire and Worcester, been waiting for 7 weeks? :frown:
Original post by Hannah-xo

I have Edge Hill on 14th January :-) what was the group task like? What kind of questions did they ask in the personal interview? They're the bits i'm most nervous about!

I had my interview at Leeds on Monday and they said we wouldn't hear until after Christmas and up until March, but then they said the same at my York interview yesterday and I got offered a conditional place today, so i'm a bit confused! Do you know anyone who's had an offer from Leeds? :-) x

Hii, i had an interview with Leeds on the 9th Dec and they've just offered me a place today (very happy!). I think you should hear from them soon after xmas, i reckon they just say up until March to cover themselves.
Reply 595

At Edge Hill I didnt have a group activity, just a personal interview and its really nothing to worry about! Id describe it as more of an informal chat than an interview to be honest! Just the typical questions such as: "why do you want to be a nurse in your chosen branch" "what qualities do you think you need to be a nurse" "What my views were on the current negative press around nurses" "what challenges does a nurse face" etc.

I had my interview at leeds on friday and they got back to me today with a conditional offer so they should be in contact with you very soon!

hope this has been helpful anymore questions feel free to ask x
Reply 596
Helloooo, I'm new at this.. Lol.. I've got an interview on on the 21st December at Manchester for child nursing so I'm wondering if anyone whose applied there can let me know what th expect.. I'm already getting nervous..
omg wellddone getting an offer from Manchester!!
i've got an interview on wednesday and i'm sooo scaredd how was it?? what's it all about???!!! what should i prepare for??

omg wellddone getting an offer from Manchester!!
i've got an interview on wednesday and i'm sooo scaredd how was it?? what's it all about???!!! what should i prepare for??
Reply 599
My interview is next wednesdayyy too.. Mine starts at 1.. What about yours?? It'l be good to know someone first.. Release a bit of tension.. Lol. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending