The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking of questions to ask the University, so far I've got
- How are placements graded
- Does Cardiff/Glamorgan offer additional funding/scholarships etc..
- Is there anything I should buy before the course
- Any websites or short courses I should look at before March
- What will the holidays/timetable be liek compared to Septembers intake
- Will I be able to make use of the Welsh Language

Do these seem like sensible questions? Is there anything obvious I should be asking but missed?
Original post by jaye1780
Yes am an oldie to haha I'm 32! I still like to think I'm 21 lol, have a little girl too shes 3 going on 13 :smile: nice to know someone nearer my age, was a couple at my interview too :smile: good thing about going now though is you can add some life experience, I don't have the standard a level grades too but did open uni modules to get points :smile: I wouldn't have been ready for it at 18 though x

Am 27 I have two boys a 7 year old an a 3 year old I know what you mean I am still nervous about starting and I am not a young one lol my confirmation came when I was on holiday so am deffo in so al see you on enrolment day can't wait

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What happens with bursary do Huddersfield sort it or do we???

Reply 903
yay well done :smile: Mine hasnt gone unconditional yet but turns out I had to speak to occupational health and they will clear me now lol!

My little girl is 3 going on 13 haha, shes a nightmare!

You need to apply for bursary online through BOSS

https://myaccount.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Pages/Login.aspx

Its straight forward enough and then send your evidence special delivery, they did mine from app to approval in about 2 weeks max but some people have been waiting longer, usually if they haven't sent some evidence in :smile: Not long till start day now woohoo x
Ahh I see I thought you had to wait for an email sent to you to be able to apply but al get onto it today so that it's at least on the role for the start date you might get confirmation today if occu health have cleared it xxx

Jesus it's taking for ever to fill nhs bursary form in keeps timing out driving me nuts lol

Original post by jaye1780
yay well done :smile: Mine hasnt gone unconditional yet but turns out I had to speak to occupational health and they will clear me now lol!

My little girl is 3 going on 13 haha, shes a nightmare!

You need to apply for bursary online through BOSS

https://myaccount.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Pages/Login.aspx

Its straight forward enough and then send your evidence special delivery, they did mine from app to approval in about 2 weeks max but some people have been waiting longer, usually if they haven't sent some evidence in :smile: Not long till start day now woohoo x

Has it changed to confirmed yet??? I hope so for ya if you want to add me on fb so you have a friend before you start u will find me under Maria Laskey-Robinson I think I am the only one lol

Reply 907
hey will add you thanks :smile: Did you get the bursary app sorted? No not changed to uncondtional yet :frown: Will chase them up again though if it hasnt by tomorrow, they are quite slow. The lady I was dealing with before (Sam) seems to be off and she was really good hopefully she's back in soon so it gets sorted lol x
Sam gonna be off a while glenda said she had an operation or summat she had been dealing with mine. Sent it off this morning in post so should come in time hopefully

I just got an offer for De Montfort Uni - Adult nursing. But it's for the January 2013 entry and im really confused about how this would work out for the accommodation? Should i book it for sept 2012 and pay rent for 3 months which im not even staying there? Please help me if anyone else are in this situation? xx
Reply 910
Hi everybody!

I've been finding all your posts very helpful so far, so thanks for all the tips :smile:

I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me... I rang up City University on Monday to enquire about a place through clearing and I've been invited to an interview this Thursday based on my GCSE, A-Level and degree results.

I wanted to know if a) anyone else would be there on Thursday; b) if anyone else is hoping to get on the PGdip course; and c) what sort of preparation are you doing?!!

Also, at City do they hold one-to-one interviews or is it just group? Do the numeracy and literacy tests on the day count towards whether they offer you a place or not?

Excuse all the questions and the short notice!!
I hope someone will see this in time!

If not hopefully see some friendly faces on the day :smile: I'll be there at 11am :wink:
Original post by mmburgos
Hi everybody!

I've been finding all your posts very helpful so far, so thanks for all the tips :smile:

I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me... I rang up City University on Monday to enquire about a place through clearing and I've been invited to an interview this Thursday based on my GCSE, A-Level and degree results.

I wanted to know if a) anyone else would be there on Thursday; b) if anyone else is hoping to get on the PGdip course; and c) what sort of preparation are you doing?!!

Also, at City do they hold one-to-one interviews or is it just group? Do the numeracy and literacy tests on the day count towards whether they offer you a place or not?

Excuse all the questions and the short notice!!
I hope someone will see this in time!

If not hopefully see some friendly faces on the day :smile: I'll be there at 11am :wink:

I would imagine it would be a group and an individual interview all interviews I have had have been both a group interview doesn't allow them to get to know you that in-depth so I would be prepared for both

I have an interview at northumbria for mental health nursing! Anyone got any tips?! It's my first one! X
Reply 913
Hello, I to have an interview at Northumbria Uni to study mental health nursing. Mine is on the 13th nov at 9am. When's yours? :smile:
Original post by Hmason
Hello, I to have an interview at Northumbria Uni to study mental health nursing. Mine is on the 13th nov at 9am. When's yours? :smile:

Mine is then as well!!! What preperation are you doing, the thing i'm most worried about is the literacy test, i don't really know what to expect! Is this your first interview?? :smile:
I also have an interview at Northumbria but for Adult Nursing on 5th November. Apparently I'm a loner so far...! :0/

There has been no mention of a literacy test for my interview, only watching a short video with a 10 minute marked written task. If this is what you're talking about it is supposed to very straight forward. It's basically just to see that you can write to an appropriate standard and that you can give an opinion about some nursing issues.

I'm preparing by:
Making sure I know my personal statement as they ask questions using that as a basis.
Knowing answers to likely questions.
Researching the course structure and reputation (just in case the "Why do you want to study here?" question pops up.)
Researching current issues on BBC Health, the Guardian, Twitter, Nursing Times and Nursing Standard.
Looking up buzz words. Slip them into your interview to impress them - big tip from a previous student (person-centred care, holistic care, dignity, advocating for patients, informed patient consent, empowerment...etc.)
Thinking about my personal/educational/work experience and any transferable skills or qualities.

Hope this helps :smile:
Thank you so much, so helpful!!!

Original post by Carleneuk
x

Hi, I received an offer from Northumbria for Adult Nursing last intake.

I really enjoyed the group interview, when previously I had been a bit scared by it. I was in a group of 3 and we were allowed to bring up current issues ourselves and discuss them.

The written test I did was after viewing the video and this is assessed as part of your English skills and there was no literacy test there for me.

Good luck!
Tip: even if you know the answer; a good question to ask is "what is the employment rate after graduation for course 'x' at the Uni of 'x'?"
Thanks guys :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending