The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Jemalar
No, my Greenwich interview is om Monday :smile:

Hey I've just had my interview at greenwich for child nursing today. How did yours go? Kim x
hello I have applied for Chester,Keele,Edge Hill,Salford and Liverpool. I have got an interview for Edge Hill on the 12th of December at 9.00, has any one on this site been for their interview already. If so can I have some tips please very scared and nervous.:smile: natasha
Reply 982
i have an interview for south bank uni on 4th of jan. anyone else have an interview on the same day?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hello :smile: pretty new to this! I'm going to be doing adult nursing in sept 2013 (hopefully) just want to know what the numeracy and literacy tests are like! Got a few interviews coming up and I'm super nervous! X
Original post by Clairet88
Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, I've applied to do a 2 year postgraduate Children's Nursing course in September at....

Kingston (interview 7th Dec)
Greenwich
London City
Southampton
London South Bank

Does anyone have any experience with postgrad courses and Kingston interviews? I heard Kingston ones are a bit different!

any info would be fantastic!!

claire

I had an interview at Kingston for undergrad adult nursing - but we all are in the same room (post and under as well as all branches) It's 5 questions based on you picking a choice and why basically you just need to choose a choice and give reasons - one is a role play as well
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 985
Original post by MakingUpTheSteps
I had an interview at Kingston for undergrad adult nursing - but we all are in the same room (post and under as well as all branches) It's 5 questions based on you picking a choice and why basically you just need to choose a choice and give reasons - one is a role play as well
Hope that helps :smile:

Oh no not a role play! Eeeek! What sort of role play? We're you successfull? Fingers crossed If you don't know yet :smile:
Oh no not a role play! Eeeek! What sort of role play? We're you successfull? Fingers crossed If you don't know yet :smile:

They are quite random you just have to use common sense and nursing values - it's normally one of the easier parts :smile:
I got an offer thanks :smile:
Reply 987
has anyone already been to cardiff uni interview?
Reply 988
Hey, i had an interview at greenwich on mon the test are easyyyy!!! Im awful at maths its more like level1 than level 2.
they rang me yest wiyh a conditional offer :wink:
good luck to everyone.
jem
x
Reply 989
Had the literacy and numeracy tests and interview at Teesside yesterday. The numeracy test is the same as the sample test they send only different digits involved but same concepts. The literacy was about a scenario and asked about how people might be feeling, how it made me feel and what I'd do etc.
i was the last person they interviewed so the wait was awful. I was so nervous but it was very friendly and informal, just me and 2 women interviewing me. I was asked pretty simple questions and she even went back on one of them to give me the chance to answer it again, in more detail. It's just the wait now for me!
Reply 990
Original post by Kim_maria
Hey I've just had my interview at greenwich for child nursing today. How did yours go? Kim x

Really well thanks, I've been offered a place :smile: how was urs? Jem x
Reply 991
Original post by msnickile
has anyone already been to cardiff uni interview?

Had my assessment on the 28th but not heard back about whether I got through to the interviewing stage yet :/ When's your interview? How long did it take them to get back to you? good luck x
Reply 992
I had my interview for Kingston today, I think it went OK, I managed to pass the exams (probably by the skin of my teeth for the maths!) I was the only postgraduate there and out of 30 people there was only 2 wanting to study children's nursing!

The maths exam was tough but if you revise the sample exam you should be OK, the English was fine. The 6 mini interviews were a little weird and quite hard but once the first is over it gets easier. I was not a fan of the role play so glad that one is over!

Really liked the look of the university, now for the tough part.... the waiting! Fingers crossed!
Reply 993
Original post by xKaylax
Had my assessment on the 28th but not heard back about whether I got through to the interviewing stage yet :/ When's your interview? How long did it take them to get back to you? good luck x

about 2 weeks from when they received my application. I thought the interview was right after the assessment? a friend of mine was told straight away that she didn't pass the assessment spot on.
Reply 994
I had my interview for Kingston today, I think it went OK, I managed to pass the exams (probably by the skin of my teeth for the maths!) I was the only postgraduate there and out of 30 people there was only 2 wanting to study children's nursing!

The maths exam was tough but if you revise the sample exam you should be OK, the English was fine. The 6 mini interviews were a little weird and quite hard but once the first is over it gets easier. I was not a fan of the role play so glad that one is over!

Really liked the look of the university, now for the tough part.... the waiting! Fingers crossed!

I applied for Kingston university and I was rejected, reason being because of poor personal statement and was told that there were far too many applicants who are more qualified than I am. Felt like it was a total waste of university option. :mad:
Reply 995
I applied for Kingston university and I was rejected, reason being because of poor personal statement and was told that there were far too many applicants who are more qualified than I am. Felt like it was a total waste of university option. :mad:

Sorry to hear that, must be frustrating! Being a postgrad it's a bit easier for me having done a year of voluntary work abroad and also employment since my first degree. So much emphasis is put on the personal statement!

Good luck with your other 4 options though and don't give up!
Reply 996
about 2 weeks from when they received my application. I thought the interview was right after the assessment? a friend of mine was told straight away that she didn't pass the assessment spot on.

For Cardiff uni? I had an email a couple days after I applied inviting me to the assessment stage which was just a maths test (really basic and only about 45 mins) but it was a written paper and there was about 200ish people there so we didn't get our results on the day but were told if we got through that stage then we'd be invited for an interview :/
Reply 997
Original post by xKaylax
For Cardiff uni? I had an email a couple days after I applied inviting me to the assessment stage which was just a maths test (really basic and only about 45 mins) but it was a written paper and there was about 200ish people there so we didn't get our results on the day but were told if we got through that stage then we'd be invited for an interview :/

which nursing branch did you apply for? I applied for children's nursing.. have you received your interview yet?
Reply 998
which nursing branch did you apply for? I applied for children's nursing.. have you received your interview yet?

I'm doing children's nursing too :smile: no not heard anything more yet, when's your assessment?
Reply 999
Original post by xKaylax
I'm doing children's nursing too :smile: no not heard anything more yet, when's your assessment?

4 jan. its nerve wrecking to be honest. but I think I'm good since Im ok with maths.

Latest

Trending

Trending