The Student Room Group

I'm on 600 calories a day and didnt lose any weight last week!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grundy96
look up ketosis :smile:

Ketosis is an entirely different thing to what the post IOE was quoting.
eating is only half the battle. no matter how much or little you eat, your body can store your food (that's what fat is). So you need to exercise!!! excersizing burns fat and that's the best way to get rid of it. I think that the best diet is to stop eating junk food (chocolates, potato chips, candy) and eat more protein and fruit. But only eat a lot of protein if you're going to excessive after. you can have meals like eggs, tacos, pasta... and drink water!! it's so good for you.
this has to be a troll thread
Even though you’re only eating 600 calories, your diet is seemingly unhealthy. If you were eating 1200 calories, but cut out the biscuits and crisps, you’d have a healthier diet and lose weight. I would actually recommend going above 1200 calories, because that’s still not very much.
Haha I didn’t read the time stamp. I mean, with I my 600 calories a day, I don’t doubt that they’re only 0.5 kg.
Exactly. That’s what I did and I lost 33 lbs in a year.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I am grateful, I just don't think you read my OP properly.

I have a small chocolate bar, no bigger than a 2 finger Kit Kat, and a bag of Quavers, which are like only 2.7g of fat (70 calories).

My lunch does not include bread or dairy. Therefore I eat only 200 calories/8g fat for lunchtimes.

My dinner consists of whatever my mum cooks me, which is sometimes spaghetti Bolognese, sometimes scrambled egg on toast, sometimes chicken and veg etc...

I don't buy chocolate or snacks. I don't drink alcohol. I don't even eat yogurts anymore. I don't even eat breakfast.

I know I drink too much Pepsi, but I am addicted. It's a consequence of depression.

However, apart from the Pepsi, I think you are wrong to imply that my diet is full of fat!

not eating breakfast is an issue.. you need it to kick start your metabolism!! try eating a piece of fruit for breakfast everyday ( the non expensive fruit )

Quick Reply

Latest