The Student Room Group

dealing with facebook rejection

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
so yeah it got rejected - how do i deal with this rejection? how do i return to w exp knowing that i am disliked ? what do i do?
Original post by damoni
so yeah it got rejected - how do i deal with this rejection? how do i return to w exp knowing that i am disliked ? what do i do?

Just go to work experience as usual, you're not necessarily disliked. He might only accept close friends and family or he might just see you as a colleague and not as a friend :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by CherryWine
Just go to work experience as usual, you're not necessarily disliked. He might only accept close friends and family or he might see you as a colleague and not as a friend :smile:

nope. checked their list and they've accepted everyone else. ( a lot of other people) this is personal.
Original post by damoni
nope. checked their list and they've accepted everyone else.

Then you just have to accept that he's probably not interested in being mates with you, the other two accepted didn't they?
Reply 64
Then you just have to accept that he's probably not interested in being mates with you, the other two accepted didn't they?

its you and the others here that gave me the advice to send the requests. now i've been rejected. i dont think i'll be listening to anymore advice. i have the feeling that people on here told me to add them knowing that i'd be humiliated . well , i'm not going to be the joke anymore.

i'm leaving.
Original post by damoni
its you and the others here that gave me the advice to send the requests. now i've been rejected. i dont think i'll be listening to anymore advice. i have the feeling that people on here told me to add them knowing that i'd be humiliated . well , i'm not going to be the joke anymore.

i'm leaving.

Ffs damoni calm the **** down. It's not humiliating, it's life. Some people will want to know you, some won't. Sometimes things go the way you want them to, sometimes they don't. A single person has rejected your friend request on Facebook, this isn't the end of the world it's just a single person who has decided they don't want to be friends with you. This shouldn't bother you because there will probably be plenty more that will, the other two accepted - focus on the good not the bad.
Just report them or something. then theyll be sorry
Reply 67
Ffs damoni calm the **** down. It's not humiliating, it's life. Some people will want to know you, some won't. Sometimes things go the way you want them to, sometimes they don't. A single person has rejected your friend request on Facebook, this isn't the end of the world it's just a single person who has decided they don't want to be friends with you. This shouldn't bother you because there will probably be plenty more that will, the other two accepted - focus on the good not the bad.

there probably won't be more, this just proves to myself why my self esteem is so bad.
Original post by damoni
there probably won't be more, this just proves to myself why my self esteem is so bad.

How old are you? You seem really young, you have a whole life to live yet. Stop dwelling on the **** things (even though they aren't actually that ****) and focus on the good stuff. Another reminder that the other two accepted you!!
Reply 69
How old are you? You seem really young, you have a whole life to live yet. Stop dwelling on the **** things (even though they aren't actually that ****) and focus on the good stuff. Another reminder that the other two accepted you!!

is that it? focus on the good?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 70
It's Facebook.. not many people actively use it.. some may just check in with their account every few days... :smile: they may also be waiting to try get to know you better... either way, I know how hard it is with social anxiety, it's a b*** to deal with :/ I had that with a colleague actually, I added her anyway as I knew her from school... but it had been a while since we spoke... she accepted me months after I sent it, honestly though? one thing I have learnt is that facebook is not so vital.

Also depending on your setting, some work experiences placements do not let the staff there add students whilst they're working there in order to allow the student to focus properly and maintain a professional relationship. After I finished my first work experience placement, I added a couple of people :smile: though as I say... I know how hard it is, try to not read too much into Facebook stuff, I used to and it's not a good mindset to be in...

hope things improve for you soon ^_^
Original post by damoni
i sent someone a friend request yesterday and they still haven't accepted. it's not rejected , just says 'friend request sent' but it feels like a rejection. i know they could've been busy but it kinda hurts it hasnt been accepted. so how do you deal with a more or less rejection like this?

I think i haver experienced this before, so you are definitely not alone.

It is just a bit weird because that person can chat to me in class but when it comes to Facebook they choose not to? How i don't know why.

That is life i guess, not everyone can be your true friend even though you may chat to them.
Reply 72
Original post by damoni
i sent someone a friend request yesterday and they still haven't accepted. it's not rejected , just says 'friend request sent' but it feels like a rejection. i know they could've been busy but it kinda hurts it hasnt been accepted. so how do you deal with a more or less rejection like this?

I feel your pain but at the end of the day its their loss. They don't know what they're missing. 😊
Original post by Howbeit
Your problems are so elementary and silly. Grow up!

I think you should watch 'Unbroken' it might give you some perspective on your life.

And my advice, it's Facebook, act like it doesn't bother you even if it does. It's the best way to go about it. I hate having to see someone worry so much over something so stupid.

Or watch a documentary on innocent murdered children in war torn countries as a result of Britain and the wonderful usa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending