The Student Room Group

Really struggling to get a job.

I've applied for every single retail job in my town and I've either been ignored or rejected. I'm doing an OU course but it's pretty flexible so that shouldn't be holding me back. How am I supposed to get money when nobody will give me a chance? I've applied for apprenticeship jobs but now I've been told I can't do them if I'm doing the OU so now I'm stumped yet again 🙃
Do you have retail experience? If not, you could try volunteering at a charity shop for experience. Then you'd be able to tick more boxes on the job applications, and you might have more luck then?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by toppby55
I've applied for every single retail job in my town and I've either been ignored or rejected. I'm doing an OU course but it's pretty flexible so that shouldn't be holding me back. How am I supposed to get money when nobody will give me a chance? I've applied for apprenticeship jobs but now I've been told I can't do them if I'm doing the OU so now I'm stumped yet again 🙃

I would keep applying for retail jobs in your local areas as never give up.
You don't necessarily require any experience for retail work as training will be done by them if successful. Sometimes it can take more than one attempt applying for a job to get a offer.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
just keep applying coach thats the way, and possibly pop instore to ask as well ^
Reply 4
Have you asked many of these employers about why you got rejected?
Reply 5
agree with previous comments deffo keep applying! its also worth a quick look on facebook, there are loads of local fb groups that advertise positions available. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Have you asked many of these employers about why you got rejected?
The just keep saying I'm unqualified for the job or they ignore me
Reply 7
Original post by toppby55
The just keep saying I'm unqualified for the job or they ignore me
Have you got any work experience? Anything customer facing, teamwork, communication will help. having a strong cv will make them more likely to employ you. its also a lot harder for them to reject you if you go in store to ask for a job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending