The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Anyone taking Psychology with foundation year at MMU this September?

My first choice is MMU and I've had to take a foundation year because of my lack of UCAS points.
Anyone else on the same course or going to the open day on the 21st March? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey 😄 I've been in the same situation as you! I've got an unconditional offer, so I'll be starting my Psychology foundation year this September. Have you been to have a look at the uni? 😄
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
That's excellent :smile: I've just got a conditional as I'm taking my maths GCSE in June and I need to pass that for my unconditional! (School wasn't my favourite)
I've had a look and it's lovely, plus the tutors I met were really passionate and interesting. have you applied for accommodation yet?
That's awesome 😄 Haha I didn't particularly love it either.. But good luck with your results!

That's great that you liked you it, the taster lecture I went to when I visited was really interesting 😄

I sure have, I just can't remember off the top of my head where! I can only rember applying for Birley Fields and Cambridge :smile: Have you applied yet? X
I've applied for Psychology with the foundation year! I applied through UCAS extra :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great!
Reply 6
I've applied for Victoria hall, birley and Cambridge. They're all so expensive! :frown: I absolutely can't wait though, I'm going to have to learn how to budget at some point haha.
Have you applied en suite? I don't think I could share unless I had to x
Reply 7
Original post by Hannahk17
I've applied for Psychology with the foundation year! I applied through UCAS extra :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fantastic :smile: have you had a response yet? Is MMU your first choice?x
Ah Victoria rings a bell so I could well have applied there too, I should check really :smile:

I'm the same too, I can't wait to start in September and I now feel relieved to have spoken to someone who could be on the same course as me! Especially as I'm doing the 4 year course rather than the 3 year :smile:

No I haven't applied en suite, only because it's so expensive like you said! So I'm going to have to survive sharing for a year oh joy.

Have you got your student finance all sent off? x
Reply 9
Original post by harrietgoddard
Ah Victoria rings a bell so I could well have applied there too, I should check really :smile:

I'm the same too, I can't wait to start in September and I now feel relieved to have spoken to someone who could be on the same course as me! Especially as I'm doing the 4 year course rather than the 3 year :smile:

No I haven't applied en suite, only because it's so expensive like you said! So I'm going to have to survive sharing for a year oh joy.

Have you got your student finance all sent off? x

I don't think I'll be too bothered about sharing anyway, it's only between two people and I share it with more people at home tbf.
Yeah me too, obviously I wouldn't be but I felt like I'd be the only one haha! I sent mine off a while ago, it's quite easy just takes a while. You need your parents income details as well which is annoying to ask for x
Reply 10
I got conditional offer from MMU psychology with foundation year. It's my firm choice so I have to take IELTS and after that I'm in! :smile:
Oh thank god there are others
Reply 12
Original post by lisannr
I got conditional offer from MMU psychology with foundation year. It's my firm choice so I have to take IELTS and after that I'm in! :smile:

That's great news :smile: have you applied for accommodation yet? I don't think they process it properly until July/August because of exam results anyway x
Reply 13
Original post by Marcus_gray
Oh thank god there are others

I know that's exactly how I felt, relieved I'm not there for 4 years by myself
I got an offer just!!!
Reply 15
Original post by Hannahk17
I got an offer just!!!

That's excellent news :smile: hope to see you in September x
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! It'll be awesome :-) x
Reply 17
Hey!! Ive got an offer for this course too!! :smile:
Reply 18
Hey! Ive got an offer too!! :smile:
Original post by ChrisB01
Hey! Ive got an offer too!! :smile:

Well done! Are you planning on living in halls?:-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending