The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation for nurses at uni of Manchester

Hi,

I am hoping I can get some advice on which halls to apply to for the University of Manchester.

I will be studying nursing so am going to go self catered. Can anybody tell me which campus they would recommend and maybe even specific halls they can recommend to me please?

Thanks for your help!
Original post by Saz10
Hi,

I am hoping I can get some advice on which halls to apply to for the University of Manchester.

I will be studying nursing so am going to go self catered. Can anybody tell me which campus they would recommend and maybe even specific halls they can recommend to me please?

Thanks for your help!

Have a look at the Accommodation FAQ, it's got loads of information on all the different halls and campuses.

There aren't any halls where nursing students tend to congregate so just pick the halls you find most appealing. The general rule as far as the different campuses go is the further you get from Fallowfield, the less sociable the halls tend to get.

If socialness is most important to you, go for somewhere in Fallowfield.

If proximity to the academic buildings is most important, go for Whitworth Park or Denmark Road.

If you want a balance between both, go for somewhere in Victoria Park.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Ditto what HT said.

In addition, go for self catered accommodation - when you're out on placement, you don't want to have to miss meals that you've paid for because you won't be on campus at the right time.
You may also want to check the contract lengths for each hall, as your uni year is longer. A lot of the time you can just stay in the same hall, but I know there are some where you have to move in June
Im in catered and feel it for the nurses here, as it just feels like they are wasting they're money a bit. I know one who orders the packed meals from the canteen, but my flatmate doesn't, so yeah feels like a waste.
Idt there is a halls which runs till the end of July, Hulme (where I am) finishes on the 21 or 28th.
Original post by Soontobesuper
Im in catered and feel it for the nurses here, as it just feels like they are wasting they're money a bit. I know one who orders the packed meals from the canteen, but my flatmate doesn't, so yeah feels like a waste.
Idt there is a halls which runs till the end of July, Hulme (where I am) finishes on the 21 or 28th.

Nurses can extend their contracts - IIRC they just have to speak to their hall admin office

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending