21, female, pretty - single for over a year, cannot get a boyfriend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lúcio
Bricking it mate.
But we have Henderson to save us :biggrin:

8th minute torn groin muscle is coming :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/

What could it be? :frown:

You do pole dancing guys probably think you're too slutty.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I merely asked because I can think of several reasons why nobody wants a relationship at 21.

What do you mean by this?
Original post by Lemon Haze
What do you mean by this?

I'm assuming you're at university?
Reply 64
Original post by samba
8th minute torn groin muscle is coming :smile:

Don't you dare disrespect Jordan like that!

Fellaini hattrick is incoming :frown:
Maybe we should discuss this on the MU/LFC thread though :tongue:
I'm assuming you're at university?

I asked because I didn't fully understand the sentence.

I'm in my 2nd year of college atm
I asked because I didn't fully understand the sentence.

I'm in my 2nd year of college atm

People don't want to be tied down at 21 especially when they'll finish university/college and want the freedom to move on with no ties.

its a bit like trying to start a holiday romance the day before you fly back home.
People don't want to be tied down at 21 especially when they'll finish university/college and want the freedom to move on with no ties.

its a bit like trying to start a holiday romance the day before you fly back home.

Well that depends on what you are looking for.

Assuming we are talking about serious bf/gf relationships here and not weekend flings then yes you are right.

What would be so wrong with starting a relationship a year before leaving uni knowing it could end soon? As long as you both know what your getting into then I don't see the problem.

I'm currently in a relationship (semi-serious) and we both know it is likely to fall apart when we both to uni even if we try to keep it going. We talk about it openly and have no big issues with the matter yet...
Well that depends on what you are looking for.

Assuming we are talking about serious bf/gf relationships here and not weekend flings then yes you are right.

What would be so wrong with starting a relationship a year before leaving uni knowing it could end soon? As long as you both know what your getting into then I don't see the problem.

I'm currently in a relationship (semi-serious) and we both know it is likely to fall apart when we both to uni even if we try to keep it going. We talk about it openly and have no big issues with the matter yet...

Merely trying to highlight to the OP one of the reasons why people may not want to start relationships.
Original post by Astronomical
You do pole dancing guys probably think you're too slutty.

Pole dancing is actually quite physically demanding (if they are good). So probably has good body :ninja:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Pole dancing is actually quite physically demanding (if they are good). So probably has good body :ninja:

I loveee absolutely love pole dancing! !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
I loveee absolutely love pole dancing! !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sexface:
inb4 lots of desperate guys showering you with compliments in the hope of getting some.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Whilst I do agree, that says nothing about implied sluttitude.
Original post by Anonymous
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/

What could it be? :frown:

You could be too pretty ? like guys think they won't have a chance with you? I know some girls like that.

I'm not pretty :P

My boyfriend chose me because I don't go out clubbing , I don't drink, I don't smoke/do drugs, i'm Quiet, haven't gone from guy to guy and i'm nice inside. If you would have seen his ex and the girls that he knows/want him you would think he;s crazy to be with me, but he is with me, ( he also said he doesn't like some girls he knows who do that and are loud because they have no ambition in life, if anything they're good for a beat and leave nothing more, this besides the point though ) he chose me because i'm ' different ' he chose me because of my personality. Not looks, really ( actually I think it's 100% personality for him, if not that 85-95%).

Yes looks is the first thing we see but it isn't really all about looks.

Just because you're pretty and people tell you you're pretty doesn't mean people necessarily want you. Hell i've had a 10/10 guy hit on me but turn down, I did not want at all. I think everyone looks at good-looking people, even if they have got partners doesn't mean everyone wants them.

I know a American guy who's good-looking by everyone standards, really funny, can out-wit anyone, got beautiful green eyes, great accent, girls love him, but none of his relationships have worked out, he actually got cheated on. Not all about looks at all.

Maybe you should go on dates with the guys who liked you, see if you fall for one of them, if you don't them leave them but don't try and focus on the fact you're single, just focus on uni or whatever and the right person will come to you..
Reply 75
Original post by Boo-Urns
inb4 lots of desperate guys showering you with compliments in the hope of getting some.

Isn't that just TSR in a nutshell? :wink:

Always give me a good chuckle to see the 14 year old virgins having a go...
Sounds like you don't feel comfortable on your own and need someone which sounds a bit needy. :smile:
Reply 77
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Original post by Lúcio
Good for you, I'm glad to hear that :smile:

Shows you're different and courageous; not afraid of rejection and willing to put yourself out there.
It means you understand what it's like for unconfident guys who are expected to do this on a regular basis.

Girls so regularly try to be so closed off, playing hard to get and seldom revealing how they feel.
So many potential relationships never happen simply because a girl is too afraid to show how she feels and a guy is too unsure to ask her out?

I had a major life lesson last year, and since then I go with the approach of I'd rather take the risk and get hurt than wonder what if. Life's too short.
OP isn't even replying :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending