The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Accommodation/Nursing/Car ><

Hey, I just got an offer to study adult nursing in September 2015, I need to apply for accommodation because I'm coming from Manchester, but I have a car and on the website it said no parking, anyone know what I should do?

I need the car to travel to placements and on interview day they said one placement is up to 2 hours travel away >< Tis confusion xD

Any current student nurses got any idea what we can afford on the NHS bursary thingy?

Cheers!
Hi,

I am a second year nurse at the UEA, and lived in halls for my first year. You do not need to bring your car with you for the whole year you are here. You can leave your car in Manchester, and if it is needed, then you can collect it before your placement. This is what many of my friends did. There is a high chance you may be placed in the NNUH for your first year only, especially if you tell the ECB hub that you cannot drive....

Also i haven't heard of any placements that are two hours away! The furthest is the QEH in Kings Lynn (1 hr drive) and the JP in Great Yarmouth (45 mins away),

The bursary is very dependant on what you will be receiving, and which accommodation you will be staying in. I get £450 per month, and survive, albeit i have a part time job too.

Good luck!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi. I agree. No car needed here, even if you want it here, halls are expensive to park. People from my cohort who live away from campus managed to keep the cars simply because of the off-road parking, otherwise waste of money.

Regarding your placements, my first was at NNUH which is walking distance away from the campus, my second placement is at QEH which is the furthest. It is like a lottery, depends where you get, you can obviously ask about NNUH, but it is rare. Only few people from my cohort got 2nd placement there again.

I stay in the hospital accommodation which you do need to pay up front for, or at least a month worth. Otherwise you get a bus which is 6 pounds one way. Does get expensive at the end of it, but you do claim it all back once the month is over or all of it at once at the end of it.

Make sure you keep friends with those who drive ha ha.
Hello
I don't do nursing but I do a health science course similar to nursing. And I can confirm there is no parking available at all if you choose to live on campus. Most nursing student commute using public transport . But if you are campus based your placement is more than likely to be very close by.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending