The Student Room Group

Decline in libido

Hey all,

I've noticed recently that my sexual desire has dropped dramatically. I'm a 24year old man, and I can remember a time 2/3 years ago that I was always obsessed with sex, the idea of it and would always fantasise and become worked up. I was essentially sexually frustrated, but with this still very much okay with this. I found that my libido at this time was strong, the quality of my climax and indeed quantity of ejaculate was much much more.

Now, 3/4 years on, I'm now engaged and am very much happy. We have sex regularly, once to twice a week, used to do it everyday at first. However, my libido and interest in sex with my partner isn't as strong.

Of course, I love her, however, my level of wanting sex is very much lower. I can say no to sex, whereas before I would have to suppress my urges as I was very out of control.
I find that the act of sex isn't a turn on, and that I don't ejaculate as much.

Is this normal? Is it age related or more that we are used to each other's body's?

I'm still very fixated on attractive woman I see (inc my fiancé) and so it isn't a matter that, as I still get a very horny and primal sense of I want to have sex with attractive females.

It's just a bit of an anti climax when I build upto a sex session and when I perform its not all it's cracked up to be. I used to take anti depressants and so not sure if this is a cause.
When your sex life was fantasy and masturbation, anything was possible in your mind and the touch on your penis was instantly what you wanted. There was no problem if, for example, you decided that X wasn't doing it for you right now and you switched to Y happening (at least in your mind!) Everything was centred around you and your pleasure.

Now it's not, at least when you're with your partner. There are different attractions to partner sex, and I wonder how much you are into those.

Do you use fantasy while having partner sex? How much do you like having one partner who will have sex with you compared to imagining having sex with lots of them?

Assorted medication can have an affect on desire, yes. How often are you saying no, and why?

Latest