The Student Room Group

Chemistry and physics with these GCSES

Im predicted an A in maths and a B in core and additional science
will they be too hard
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by youreanutter
Im predicted an A in maths and a B in core and additional science
will they be too hard

To be honest an A for Maths and BB for Double Science is an indication that you will probably struggle doing those subjects at GCE A level. Physics doesn't have as much as Maths than you probably think and the jump between GCSE to GCE A level is huge; I know people with A*A*A* in Triple Science who have struggled in GCE A level science. Some of the ones that got BB for Double Science (which isn't that impressive) or a bit better pretty much failed their exams.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Raymat
To be honest an A for Maths and BB for Double Science is an indication that you will probably struggle doing those subjects at GCE A level. Physics doesn't have as much as Maths than you probably think and the jump between GCSE to GCE A level is huge; I know people with A*A*A* in Triple Science who have struggled in GCE A level science. Some of the ones that got BB for Double Science (which isn't that impressive) or a bit better pretty much failed their exams.

lol i somehow got A*s in all of them what would u recommend now?
lol i somehow got A*s in all of them what would u recommend now?

Well done with those results. Those grades show you're capable so you might as well go for it. All the best.
Original post by Raymat
Well done with those results. Those grades show you're capable so you might as well go for it. All the best.

did u do them?
did u do them?

I studied Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
I would say the large majority of people at my school who got a B in chemstiry at GCSE and took it at AS level either dropped it before exams or got E/U because in their opinion it was the hardest A level... Physics is more forgiving however the only people in my class, including myself, were either the people who achieved A* at GCSE or worked their asses off.. Hope this helped ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest