The Student Room Group

2015 UCL School of Pharmacy Page

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FarhadLasker
I remember an almost identical presentation to this when I went. Same dude as well :redface:

What did you go to? i went to the applicant open day (i think) in February
Original post by daisychain_
What did you go to? i went to the applicant open day (i think) in February

It was an applicant open day as well but in march. first they had the presentation. after was the group discussion, campus tour and maths test.
Other than the fitness to practice declaration form, is there anything else we need send off?
Original post by daisychain_
Other than the fitness to practice declaration form, is there anything else we need send off?

Im pretty sure thats only thing. They said they will send another letter in June :smile:
Original post by AJeeeee
Im pretty sure thats only thing. They said they will send another letter in June :smile:

firmed here~
Guys, how long did it take for UCL to email you after you firmed them. Ive firmed ages ago, but still no email?
Original post by beansontoast92
Guys, how long did it take for UCL to email you after you firmed them. Ive firmed ages ago, but still no email?

They said they will send something June :/
Original post by AJeeeee
They said they will send something June :/

Oh okkk, i thought someone mentioned on here that they got an email soon after they firmed. Anyways its nearly june..
Reply 109
Oh okkk, i thought someone mentioned on here that they got an email soon after they firmed. Anyways its nearly june..

I got an email the next day :/
Maybe check your spam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BDida
I got an email the next day :/
Maybe check your spam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not there :/
I think ill give them a call in a few days, just to make sure everythings goood!
Reply 111
Not there :/
I think ill give them a call in a few days, just to make sure everythings goood!

Oh that's weird...
Is everything good on UCAS?
Original post by BDida
Oh that's weird...

Its odd, and yhh everything is fine as far as i know :/
Original post by BDida
Oh that's weird...

Just got the email this morning....all is well 😅😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Just got the email this morning....all is well 😅😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaaaay! :smile:
Did you end up calling them before or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BDida
Yaaaaay! :smile:
Did you end up calling them before or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope haha...they mightve been sending them out in batches
Anyone received anything though the post yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!
I'm a 3rd year student at UCL school of Pharmacy and I just came across this thread.
I couldn't help myself but to join in the discussion and clear some stuff up as some of you seem to be freaking out a little bit :smile:
80 people do not drop out in a year - complete myth. My year started out with 180 students in first year (this is the number of students they usually take in each year) and by second year we had 167 students. So only 13 students didn't go on to second year. Most of them dropped out of the course completely, not because it was extremely hard but because they did not enjoy the course itself. A few (I think about 5 students) re-took the year.
Contrary to what they might tell you, the course isn't very hard. As long as you keep on top of everything and start revising 6 weeks before the exams, you'll do well.
To be honest, there's not a lot of patient contact. But that's the case with most pharmacy schools, not just UCL. You will get a few community placements and hospital placements and through these you will get to interact with patients.
Original post by anonymous_angel_16
Hi guys!
I'm a 3rd year student at UCL school of Pharmacy and I just came across this thread.
I couldn't help myself but to join in the discussion and clear some stuff up as some of you seem to be freaking out a little bit :smile:
80 people do not drop out in a year - complete myth. My year started out with 180 students in first year (this is the number of students they usually take in each year) and by second year we had 167 students. So only 13 students didn't go on to second year. Most of them dropped out of the course completely, not because it was extremely hard but because they did not enjoy the course itself. A few (I think about 5 students) re-took the year.
Contrary to what they might tell you, the course isn't very hard. As long as you keep on top of everything and start revising 6 weeks before the exams, you'll do well.
To be honest, there's not a lot of patient contact. But that's the case with most pharmacy schools, not just UCL. You will get a few community placements and hospital placements and through these you will get to interact with patients.

Thanks for this! :smile:
Does anyone know when accommodation offers come through?
I thought it was going to be in July but haven't heard yet, has anyone had anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending