The Student Room Group

Anniversary ideas. Talking girlfriend to a shooting range?

hgfh
(edited 5 years ago)
Be honest, the shooting guns thing is to entertain you, not her. We would be happier with a restaurant visit, shopping, exploring a new city.
Reply 2
sda
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey! I'm a girl and I would be super happy if my boyfriend would take me to a shooting range! I've always wanted to do that! Don't listen to people being stupid and thinking that girls don't like stuff like that :smile: you are her boyfriend, you know her and you know what she'd like. Also, I don't think it should be a problem, but why not call there and ask, just to be sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VodkaUK
I am planning an interesting anniversary day for me and my girlfriend. I already have booked top hotel in the city for two nights, but now I am unsure of how to plan things out.

The day would include a few activities, but one of them was taking her to a shooting range where both of us could shoot some hand-guns, automatic rifles such as AK-47 and a shotgun. The cost of this is around 120 GBP for both of us. Now I wonder, is this the best idea? I am worried that with my girlfriend's size (170 cm tall, weight 50kg), the recoil on the guns may cause damage to her arms as these toys are powerful.

After the shooting range I have booked SPA, later a dinner with some wine, drinks and a walk back to the hotel.

Is this a good idea with the guns, are girls excited with these toys same way guys are?

Thanks!

You'll be well shot of her.
I'm a girl and would love to go to a shooting range, but I also know a lot of other girls who would hate it and prefer to relax instead.
It all depends on your girlfriend and what she's into.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although I do archery, I'm completely opposed to guns so I think taking me to go shoot them would lead to them being dumped. That said, your girlfriend might enjoy it.
I'd appreciate it; it'd prepare me for the zombie apocalypse :wink:
If your girlfriend is genuinely entertained by spending time a shooting range, she is a keeper my friend. Most women in the UK would much rather have a nice stroll along the beach, dine at a nice restaurant, go to an amusement park, or just sit at home snuggled up watching Sex in the City...
Out of all the rifles and guns I've shot, the only ones that have ever caused any problems in terms of kickback are the target rifle and a particularly strong shotgun (which would be fine if she had someone to brace her).

As with anything, make sure that the butt is back in her shoulder and that her eye is away from the sight (otherwise the recoil could hit her in the eye). I'm about the same size and height as your girlfriend and as long as the safety at the range is good there shouldn't be a problem.

Just make sure that it's something she'd be interested in- as mentioned above, shooting ranges get mixed reviews.
It's certainly something different and unexpected (and therefore memorable), so I think it would be a good idea.

But you know her better than we do, so you're the only one who can really judge whether or not it's the sort of thing she'd like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending