The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does insuring UCL risk my funding?

I emailed UCL on an enquiry about the UCL Undergraduate Bursary (NSP) but the response I got wasn't too clear so I though I'd ask here. The bursary can be up to £3000 a year for students from very low income families and I know for sure that I will be getting the full amount. Does insuring UCL affect my chances of getting the bursary? Is the funding limited and if so will UCL favour UCL firmers over UCL insurers?
bump
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
It won't risk your funding. Should you miss your offer for your firm and so get into your insurance, you'll just change your course on your Student Loans Company profile to the UCL course. UCL will then use your household data that you submitted to the Student Loans Company to work out what you'll receive, and it wouldn't be any less than what you'd receive if you'd firmed them originally instead of insuring.

It would be pretty unfair of them to pressure students into firming by making it harder for them to support themselves if they insured and then got in. I doubt any universities are allowed to do this. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending