The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PopaPork
No I've taken the evidence muslims, Islamic scholars, the Laws of Muslim countries, sharia and ex muslims have presented and made my mind up on the evidence they have provided

I am a Muslim myself. I know guaranteed a lot more Muslims than you. I have also referenced scholars. I have also taken into accounts laws of Muslim countries. I have also referenced Sharia.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by al_94
This is only in a country where Islamic law is applied.

That's all right then. After all, it won't affect many people, will it? Do you seriously justify, on the grounds of mediaeval superstition, that it is illegal for people to choose their own superstitious beliefs in countries run under the laws of Islam? And if you do, can you really say so while living in a democracy, using its freedoms to support the ability of superstitious regimes to persecute such people while keeping a straight face or not feeling guilty about your beliefs?
Original post by TheCynicalChild
I am a Muslim myself. I know guaranteed a lot more Muslims than you. I have also referenced scholars. I have also taken into accounts laws of Muslim countries. I have also referenced Sharia.
Odd given you originally denied all knowledge of this even happening so as you have taken into account the laws of muslim countries how on earth could you miss that so many do actually kill people for leaving Islam :rolleyes:
(Original post by TheCynicalChild)
Nope, as far as I'm aware, there's no punishment in Islam itself. That is, no punishment for apostasy as a non religio-political choice.
I suspect you're simply telling porkies now.

But no you were not asked your personal belief but what your faith teaches (who cares which bits you choose to ignore as they are not relevant)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PopaPork
Odd given you originally denied all knowledge of this even happening so as you have taken into account the laws of muslim countries how on earth could you miss that so many do actually kill people for leaving Islam :rolleyes:

I suspect you're simply telling porkies now.

But no you were not asked your personal belief but what your faith teaches (who cares which bits you choose to ignore as they are not relevant)

Sure :rolleyes:

Whatever helps your ego sleep at night, pal.
I thought this was a thread about Yemen.
Reply 185
Thread locked.

Latest

Trending

Trending