The Student Room Group

Is it OK to ask a girl out via text?

So the Easters holidays have just started and I was going to ask my crush out but didn't have a chance.

My question: is it OK o ask a girl out via text? If not what should I do?
Call her
Reply 2
Yeah it's okay. You can try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, cause if she's shy she will be able to properly think about. I wouldn't like to get put on the spot in a phone call.
Ringing her is probably best, because with text, anything can happen, she might not be the first to read it, might not believe it's you who sent it. Might not recognise/have your number.
Reply 5
No. No. And no. Topped off with no. If you cannot even face to ask her out in person. Frankly I do not think you have what it takes to pursue a relationship. It is always more sincere too ask in person. Texts do not have emotion. She may think you are using her and she will be a lot more flattered in person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meet up with her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by devangdave
Ringing her is probably best

But we hardly ever speak on phone but we text all the time

Original post by devangdave
might not believe it's you who sent it

I wouldn't just straight out ask her first thing, i would talk to her first then ask her if the moment was right (unless that's a really bad idea?)
Original post by Anonymous
But we hardly ever speak on phone but we text all the time

I wouldn't just straight out ask her first thing, i would talk to her first then ask her if the moment was right (unless that's a really bad idea?)

Sure, but doesn't the fact that you are actually talking to her, even if over the phone, make it more personal, and it shows that you're serious about it
It will only make things worse for you if she doesn't reply, I wouldn't personally.
Face-to-face interactions are better for a sustainable healthy relationship. Ask in person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.

Face to face

No question.

Ask to meet her and then do it
Reply 12
Cowardly
Hideous waiting for a reply, that probably doesn't come..
Avoid
Never ever. Unless LDR.

Receive for disaster tbh
Seeing as you can't see her personally at the moment, the next best thing is through a phone call. No text, please.
Would arranging a group activity with some friends (including her) and asking her then work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending