The Student Room Group

When She's Not 'Putting Out'

We are both 18.
Been in a relationship with a virgin for just over 3 months. She seems annoyed whenever I mention sex.

Even when we were talking about another couple of the same age who were known to be sexually active she hit out with 'I didnt think X was that kind of girl..' , as if sex is something only sluts do or something

I really really like her, but I'm coming close to breaking up with her over this.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
talk to her! She might just be nervous that you're trying to push her into it (even if you're not). Sit down with her, and tell her that you're willing to wait until she's ready - if you are. Find out if she is ever going to want to sleep with you, and if it's a problem then see where things go from there.
3 months isn't that long believe it or not me and my boyfriend are in the exact same position and we have been going out for over a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk to her about those issues my man. find out her position on sex and those intimate interactions. if her position is 'no' on all things sex and intimacy; then.. onto the next one. quickly.

however, if its' something different, and she wants to wait for however long; the onus is on you to decide if you're willing to wait..

i say this, because sex and physical intimacy are fundamental aspects of relationships. without this aspect; what you have on your hands is a friendship; not a relationship. this is so important an aspect because, humans were having sex, before they could talk.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you're going to break up with her just over the fact that she won't have sex with you then I don't know man that's pretty pathetic. You must not care that much about her if you're so bothered about her not being ready for sex.

Talk to her about it instead of complaining, ask her why she doesn't want to and if she's not ready then wait. Or don't. But you're really gonna have to talk to her about it.
She sounds really ridiculous and very sheltered. I mean I can understand her not being ready and she might not want to speak to you about it for whatever reason, but passing judgements on people who do have sex...

It is a bit odd.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
She sounds really ridiculous and very sheltered. I mean I can understand her not being ready and she might not want to speak to you about it for whatever reason, but passing judgements on people who do have sex...

It is a bit odd.

^ this
Reply 7
Original post by Livbish
talk to her! She might just be nervous that you're trying to push her into it (even if you're not). Sit down with her, and tell her that you're willing to wait until she's ready - if you are. Find out if she is ever going to want to sleep with you, and if it's a problem then see where things go from there.

How do I talk to her about it?

Original post by Studentppe
3 months isn't that long believe it or not me and my boyfriend are in the exact same position and we have been going out for over a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id like to hear your boyfriends point of view :laugh:

Original post by theDanIdentity
Talk to her about those issues my man. find out her position on sex and those intimate interactions. if her position is 'no' on all things sex and intimacy; then.. onto the next one. quickly.

however, if its' something different, and she wants to wait for however long; the onus is on you to decide if you're willing to wait..

i say this, because sex and physical intimacy are fundamental aspects of relationships. without this aspect; what you have on your hands is a friendship; not a relationship. this is so important an aspect because, humans were having sex, before they could talk.

I agree. How would I bring it up to her without sounding like an *******?

Original post by katienurd
If you're going to break up with her just over the fact that she won't have sex with you then I don't know man that's pretty pathetic. You must not care that much about her if you're so bothered about her not being ready for sex.

I do care about her. Alot. It is difficult, however, to see her as more than a friend if she isn't even wanting to be intimate.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

It is a bit odd.

I agree, it was pathetic.
Original post by Anonymous
We are both 18.
Been in a relationship with a virgin for just over 3 months. She seems annoyed whenever I mention sex.

Even when we were talking about another couple of the same age who were known to be sexually active she hit out with 'I didnt think X was that kind of girl..' , as if sex is something only sluts do or something

I really really like her, but I'm coming close to breaking up with her over this.

What do I do?

Do you guys do any other intimate activities?
Reply 9
Original post by wsxcde
I think you should do her a favour and break up with her. She isnt ready for sex, you want sex, break up with her and find someone else. Dont pressure her into sex, just break up with her now and let her be with someone who also wants to wait a longer time, and you can be with someone who wants sex now.

The problem I'm facing is the same as most other guys who 'stick around' - I don't have a 'better option'
Original post by phunky_fresh
Do you guys do any other intimate activities?

Well.. we kiss..
The problem I'm facing is the same as most other guys who 'stick around' - I don't have a 'better option'

what? You mean that you are only with her because no one else will go out with you?

Break up with her.
Reply 13
Dump her, mate. That's ****ing ridiculous. I assume you fulfill her emotional requirements, so why can't she reciprocate and fulfill your sexual desires? I think it's a shame girls can't respect that our sex drives are innately different [1]. It's also a shame she doesn't see sex as something enjoyable—for the both of you.
Original post by wsxcde
what? You mean that you are only with her because no one else will go out with you?

No, I'm just saying that I don't have a queue of girls wanting to have sex with me.

Original post by Zen-Ali
Dump her, mate. That's ****ing ridiculous. I assume you fulfill her emotional requirements, so why can't she reciprocate and fulfill your sexual desires? I think it's a shame girls can't respect that our sex drives are innately different [1]. It's also a shame she doesn't see sex as something enjoyable—for the both of you.

100% what I'm thinking. Her friends will hate me if I dump her for the lack of sex.
Reply 15
No, I'm just saying that I don't have a queue of girls wanting to have sex with me.

100% what I'm thinking. Her friends will hate me if I dump her for the lack of sex.

pretend to fall on her
and rub your cock in between her legs
she'll never look back
pounding after then 24/7
You don't let anyone boyfriend you before you've banged them. Cardinal rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my original point stands, more so now. Dump her, for her sake. Anyway you can go out and find other girls after you've broken up, it'll be easy, you're 18, go out, you'll pull someone else easily. You're not compatible, she doesnt want sex and should be with someone more like her who wants to wait, you want sex you should go out and find someone else, she shouldnt have to be in a relationship with someone who's not happy with a lack of sex, considering ending it but just staying in the relationship because he's got no better options. And you should just man up, end it and go and get what you think are the better options.
(edited 9 years ago)
You kiss - that's good. I think after that amount of time you could be being a bit more intimate, but if she's not ready and you truly care about her you might want to wait.

If it's really driving you crazy then you need to find someone who isn't keeping you waiting.
Original post by SeanFM
You kiss - that's good. I think after that amount of time you could be being a bit more intimate, but if she's not ready and you truly care about her you might want to wait.

If it's really driving you crazy then you need to find someone who isn't keeping you waiting.

Yeah, I can understand that she is a virgin etc and may be more hesitant to be intimate, but she isn't even interested in dirty talk or anything.

I'm very close to calling it off, I can't deal with a relationship this one sided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending