The Student Room Group

I have to work with someone, I don't really want to, is there something I could I do?

This may seem childish, it probably is but I'm seeking guidance on how to deal with this.

I have a classmate whose very rude, everyone dislikes her. She has a horrible attitude, she barely attends lectures and when she does she just doesn't pay attention and most of the time she will fall asleep. My classmates and I are sick and tired of her, we've voiced our concerns to our lecturers but they're saying that there's nothing they can do apart from send her some emails.

We're in our second year of university. It may seem irrelevant but I would like to complete a masters and a PHD. I've narrowed down my choice of university for my masters and the requirements are a first. I have a high GPA and I'm currently on track to get a first.

The problem I have with this classmate is she tries to get everyone to do her work for her, when she's in group work she expects everyone to complete it for her and gets mad and throws a fit when we don't complete her part of the work.

I never had a day of until this week, I was so ill and felt like I was decided so finally decided to stay at home for once. Me and the girl with the bad attitude was absent. It turns out I didn't come in on an important day when we were picking our teams for group work. I found out everyone stated to the lecturers they refused to work with her, because I wasn't there I got put with her. I do admit, I was furious when I found out. I did send an email to the lecturers stating I refuse to work with her and stated my reasons in clear detail.

Masthmatics is my strong point and I did some calculations on my GPA and the "staying on track" there is a chance that if we don't get a certain score on this project I could loose out on getting a 1st.

I don't really want to work with her, I will if I have too, is there something I could do on my end to refuse that. If I have to work with her, is there any suggestions on how I could make it clear on the work I did?
Original post by Anonymous #1
This may seem childish, it probably is but I'm seeking guidance on how to deal with this.
I have a classmate whose very rude, everyone dislikes her. She has a horrible attitude, she barely attends lectures and when she does she just doesn't pay attention and most of the time she will fall asleep. My classmates and I are sick and tired of her, we've voiced our concerns to our lecturers but they're saying that there's nothing they can do apart from send her some emails.
We're in our second year of university. It may seem irrelevant but I would like to complete a masters and a PHD. I've narrowed down my choice of university for my masters and the requirements are a first. I have a high GPA and I'm currently on track to get a first.
The problem I have with this classmate is she tries to get everyone to do her work for her, when she's in group work she expects everyone to complete it for her and gets mad and throws a fit when we don't complete her part of the work.
I never had a day of until this week, I was so ill and felt like I was decided so finally decided to stay at home for once. Me and the girl with the bad attitude was absent. It turns out I didn't come in on an important day when we were picking our teams for group work. I found out everyone stated to the lecturers they refused to work with her, because I wasn't there I got put with her. I do admit, I was furious when I found out. I did send an email to the lecturers stating I refuse to work with her and stated my reasons in clear detail.
Masthmatics is my strong point and I did some calculations on my GPA and the "staying on track" there is a chance that if we don't get a certain score on this project I could loose out on getting a 1st.
I don't really want to work with her, I will if I have too, is there something I could do on my end to refuse that. If I have to work with her, is there any suggestions on how I could make it clear on the work I did?

It seems your lecturers know she's bad, so maybe you could ask for your part of the project to be graded individually? Eg split the tasks between you, make sure your lecturer knows which part is assigned to you and you ace that sh*t! If she does the work, great, if not? Her problem

If that doesn't work/they don't allow you to be graded as an individual, part of me wants to say do the whole project yourself (better than her slowing you down) and when you go to credit work put your name all over that crap and not hers once!

Sorry you're going through this hope it all gets resolved!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending