The Student Room Group

Broadcast Journalism University to go to??

I've applied to study broadcast journalism at Leeds, Staffordshire and Nottingham Trent and have an offer from all three, I feel I want to have Leeds as my firm but don't know for my insurance!

They all have better points than others but wondered if anyone has any views on the course at the university, the university itself or any ideas! I've visited them all twice at least and still have no idea :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by abi333
I've applied to study broadcast journalism at Leeds, Staffordshire and Nottingham Trent and have an offer from all three, I feel I want to have Leeds as my firm but don't know for my insurance!

They all have better points than others but wondered if anyone has any views on the course at the university, the university itself or any ideas! I've visited them all twice at least and still have no idea :frown:

Hey, I am currently doing a master degree at bcu on tv production and i have a degree in broadcasting and journalism. What you want to know about the course. I didn't finish my degree in Leeds but I can give you my opinion on that let me know :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mariaf12
Hey, I am currently doing a master degree at bcu on tv production and i have a degree in broadcasting and journalism. What you want to know about the course. I didn't finish my degree in Leeds but I can give you my opinion on that let me know :smile:

Hey! Did you do your degree in broadcasting journalism at Leeds? I was wondering how much practical you get to do and whether it is more journalism or broadcasting. Also, whether there is an option to do much photography? I'm really interested in History and pretty much want to do history documentaries when I'm older and present them too so I wondered whether doing the degree at Leeds would help me get there? Do you know what it is known to be like in comparison to other unis?
Hey, I'm currently doing a Journalism degree at Staffs, I applied to Nottingham Trent too, what kind of things are you wanting to compare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi there, thankyou for your reply!!!! I was just wondering out of Nottingham trent and Staffordshire, which made you pick Staffordshire over nottingham :smile:
Hey, basically what made me go to Staffs was the fact that the journalism courses are NCTJ and BCTJ accredited. That essentially is the best thing to look for when applying for journalism uni courses. The exams you sit to get your NCTJ and BCTJs as part of your internal examinations which prepare you so much better. Also NCTJ and BCTJ help you so much more to get a job and sets you out against other graduates. The website for BCTJ is www.bctj.org.uk for you to have a look at :smile: The other reason I picked staffs is because he facilities are amazing. Radio and TV studios that we use and are great, and accessible to us all year round. Hope that's helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by abi333
Hey! Did you do your degree in broadcasting journalism at Leeds? I was wondering how much practical you get to do and whether it is more journalism or broadcasting. Also, whether there is an option to do much photography? I'm really interested in History and pretty much want to do history documentaries when I'm older and present them too so I wondered whether doing the degree at Leeds would help me get there? Do you know what it is known to be like in comparison to other unis?

Hey, no I didn't my degree at the University of Wolverhampton. From Wolves, I get practise but wasn't that much since we had some theoretical modules. Was more about Radio, social media and journalism rather than TV. The tv modules were about soap operas and British tv but nothing practical.
In broadcast and journalism, I don't think so you will find photography but maybe if you like it that much try, use the equipment but I don't think so the course will offer you that. I study in wolves and now am doing my degree in BCU. The thing is, BCU was much better media school rather wolves. they have also broadcasting and journalism and compare to what I was doing for 3 years I learn the half of what they learning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending