The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,
Has everyone got to do a verbal reasoning test? I know someone last year on the course and she said it was just a assessment centre no tests. My application has changed from under review to screened to under review again has this happened to anyone? I've applied for east midlands. I also received an email saying that we will know by the 8th June last week.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Hi Rachel, mine is still being screened, after it was under review. Not sure what their system is. I've applied for East Midlands too. Hope we hear soon. Good Luck.
Original post by RachelCP85
Hi all,
Has everyone got to do a verbal reasoning test? I know someone last year on the course and she said it was just a assessment centre no tests. My application has changed from under review to screened to under review again has this happened to anyone? I've applied for east midlands. I also received an email saying that we will know by the 8th June last week.

Good luck everyone :smile:

I haven't applied for the same areas as yourself, but from what I can gather there is no clear answers in relation to the verbal test, some people have had it and some haven't, so think we just have to sit and wait to see what we get through, so I wouldn't worry about that side to much.
As for your application, mine is still being screened so I can not help with that. Once again I think we just have to wait, it's not much longer now and we have come this far so hang on in there and hopefully we will all get the green light.

Good luck and hope this has helped
Aww thank you it must be different regions work in different ways. Hopefully we will hear back soon its such a long wait. Hopefully everyone knows by the 8th :smile: good luck :smile: I'm sure I heard 5,000 applied last year.
Has anyone applied for Thurrock ?
Anyone applied for Norfolk? No news yet.....
Original post by POPCORNFIGHTER
Anyone applied for Norfolk? No news yet.....

I have, hopefully soon!
Reply 187
4 more days before we all should hear 😧😧😧
Reply 188
Hey all. I've just completed a verbal reasoning test for bham. Really feel like it didn't go we'll... it's not my strong point. Cant wait to hear either way, just to know. Good luck x
Don't worry, it's sounding like we've all struggled with the test. I didn't even manage to finish! Fingers crossed we all get some news soon xxx
I have been monitoring my application progress and originally it says 'under review' then it changed to 'being screened and will shortly be contacted'. I received the email regarding the 8th last week, and when I just logged on now it has changed back to 'under review'

Not sure if this is a good sign or not, anyone else had this happen yet?
Original post by Lisamh85
I have been monitoring my application progress and originally it says 'under review' then it changed to 'being screened and will shortly be contacted'. I received the email regarding the 8th last week, and when I just logged on now it has changed back to 'under review'

Not sure if this is a good sign or not, anyone else had this happen yet?

Yes mines done the same. It said 'screened' about two hours ago.

I've applied for Liverpool, Knowsley and St Helens. Anyone else?
Original post by Rainbow8500
Yes mines done the same. It said 'screened' about two hours ago.

I've applied for Liverpool, Knowsley and St Helens. Anyone else?

I've applied for Halton, Knowsley and Warrington. Yes mine said screened earlier on today and now the under review again, fingers crossed this is a good sign, glad I'm not the only one. Good luck
Ive applied for Wirral, Liverpool and Cheshire. Mines changed to under review. The wait is a nightmare x
Reply 194
I'm guessing either 1) some people have already been put through and they're using the tests to decide who else out of the remaining people goes through OR 2) only the people who have been sent the verbal reasoning tests are potentially through and they're using that to narrow down.

No way of knowing which is true but I'm guessing 2. I've kinda just assumed I'm not through. :frown:
Me to. But you never know how they do it really. Keep positive :smile:
Original post by ssdxx
I'm guessing either 1) some people have already been put through and they're using the tests to decide who else out of the remaining people goes through OR 2) only the people who have been sent the verbal reasoning tests are potentially through and they're using that to narrow down.

No way of knowing which is true but I'm guessing 2. I've kinda just assumed I'm not through. :frown:

From the email that was sent about 8th June I assumed that no one knew yet. Each region informs the Head office of their selections tomorrow and everyone is informed then - unless they haven't hit the initial criteria. I think the reasoning tests are for individual regions who are struggling to select. Reason for this is the people who are doing the tests seem to be applying to same place. I could be wrong but these are my thoughts.
Think you could be right. I did notice that people being asked to do the tests where from the same regions. Nervous now :frown:
Original post by Rainbow8500
From the email that was sent about 8th June I assumed that no one knew yet. Each region informs the Head office of their selections tomorrow and everyone is informed then - unless they haven't hit the initial criteria. I think the reasoning tests are for individual regions who are struggling to select. Reason for this is the people who are doing the tests seem to be applying to same place. I could be wrong but these are my thoughts.

This was my thoughts and understanding too
Reply 199
Feeling sick with nerves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending