The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Dc251
Was told by a member of local council that approx 70 have got through to assessment centre for the south Coast and that there's about 25 places across the local authorities in the south x

Hi,I've just had it confirmed that the dates for the 'South Coast Partnership' are from 23rd-26th of June inclusive. Will keep you posted.x.
Reply 381
Original post by Pondy
Hi,I've just had it confirmed that the dates for the 'South Coast Partnership' are from 23rd-26th of June inclusive. Will keep you posted.x.

Oh how did you find that out? I haven't had any more info emailed yet xx
Reply 382
Original post by Jessib1990
Hi all, Congratulation to everyone that got through to the next stage. I applied for the East Midlands partnership and just called to see when the assessment days are so I can plan ahead. The guy told me the dates are:
Derby- 23 & 29 June
Nottinghamshire- 25 June
Leicester- 24 & 30 June

Hope this is useful! :smile:

Reply 383
Original post by Dc251
Oh how did you find that out? I haven't had any more info emailed yet xx

I'm roted to work nights for the next 2 weeks, so I rang them and they gave me the dates. :wink:
Reply 384
Original post by Pondy
I'm roted to work nights for the next 2 weeks, so I rang them and they gave me the dates. :wink:

Oh that's good! Thank you for letting me know, so have you managed to pick a date you want yet? Xx
Ive just rang and they said i only have to do a 1 hour assessment on the 22nd june and if successful go on to the next stage. Dont get that. Has anyone else been told this ? x
Reply 386
Original post by Rainbow8500
Can I ask how people were informed about the tests? I didn't receive any emails but have just been onto my page and came across this. I will be so annoyed if I've missed out on this opportunity by them not communicating.
image.jpg

Not had any info re; online test?
Reply 387
Original post by Dc251
Oh that's good! Thank you for letting me know, so have you managed to pick a date you want yet? Xx

No. He said they will be giving us a date and will confirm by email? I was worried because it's for 2 weeks time so I'll need to cover my unit. We're all in the same boat though, so just hope they hurry up and pick a date.x.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 388
Oh god I didn't know that I thought we picked a date. Im a Single parent and that doesn't help with childcare! Hopefully they tell us soon so we can all plan and make arrangements xx
Reply 389
Original post by Dc251
Oh god I didn't know that I thought we picked a date. Im a Single parent and that doesn't help with childcare! Hopefully they tell us soon so we can all plan and make arrangements xx

I understand, but I wouldn't ring and tell them that, it wouldn't stand good if you need to convince them that you can commit to a 14 month intense course.x.
Reply 390
Who do you ring to find out about dates? I can't seem to find a number!
Reply 391
Oh no I thought that, I defo won't ring ill have to just work around it xx
0845 366 5557 xx
Reply 393
Original post by Sarahju
Who do you ring to find out about dates? I can't seem to find a number!

I rang the number at the bottom of my confirmation email. I gave them my name and area and they gave me the dates. He couldn't confirm which date though? x
Reply 394
Any one in Yorkshire and Humber, the assessment is at Sheffield and there are 9 dates: June 23/24/30 July 1/2/6/8/9/10. Emails should be out by the end of the work either stating a date or requesting that one is selected 😁
Does anyone have news on assessment centre for West Midlands? Xxx
Anyone else got through to Norfolk? So sorry you didn't get through charelliott. Maybe it is just the area that the other person was referring to that isn't participating next year, or perhaps they're bringing in a new scheme
Reply 397
Hi so I got the reserve pool email too for west midlands, however i do not agree with starting a rejection email with 'Congratulations' Well done to all that made it through.

Thought i'd post my email so people can have a read

Congratulations on reaching this stage of the selection process for the Step Up to Social Work Programme. We have received a high volume of applications and the standard of candidates has been very high.

I can confirm that you have been identified for the West Midlands reserve pool for the assessment centres on 24th/25th & 30th June & 1st July. We will notify you from 22nd June onwards if places at the assessment centre become available.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in the programme.
Original post by YMIS
Hi so I got the reserve pool email too for west midlands, however i do not agree with starting a rejection email with 'Congratulations' Well done to all that made it through.

Thought i'd post my email so people can have a read

Congratulations on reaching this stage of the selection process for the Step Up to Social Work Programme. We have received a high volume of applications and the standard of candidates has been very high.

I can confirm that you have been identified for the West Midlands reserve pool for the assessment centres on 24th/25th & 30th June & 1st July. We will notify you from 22nd June onwards if places at the assessment centre become available.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in the programme.

Omg that seems very insensitive to word the email in that way! Will keep my fingers crossed for you that a slot becomes available. Thank-you for sharing that info xxx
Reply 399
I've just logged in, having received my email on Monday saying I've reached the next stage and the status has changed back to 'under review' anyone else found this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending