The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Hi everyone i applied too i have an interview next week does anyone know what to expect on the assessment day?
Original post by Shell79
Is anyone going to Taunton Racecourse on 7th July for the South West assessment centre?

I'm going on the 7th. Early start. Where are you coming from?
For everyone on the reserve. There is hope. I have just received a call telling me that a place on assessment has become available. Happy doesn't begin to describe it :smile:
Reply 503
What area is this for?
Reply 504
Original post by Schlumpf
For everyone on the reserve. There is hope. I have just received a call telling me that a place on assessment has become available. Happy doesn't begin to describe it :smile:

Was that for the west midlands?
Reply 505
Original post by sdhlxx
I was rejected. Pretty devastated tbh. I have worked as a contact supervisor for looked after children for the last few years, been a centre coordinator and worked in schools and children's homes. Kicking myself for getting my hopes up.

Hey. Saw your post, and really felt bad for you. You know, it isn't always a lack of qualifications or experience that leads to not being shortlisted, and in your case, it sounds like you have fantastic and very relevant experience. In situations where there are as many applicants as there for Step Up, there are often so many applicants with similar, relevant experience that it often comes down to who sounds the most persuasive in the narrative bits of the form, as well as more random things like typos, slight grammatical errors etc - just so that they can whittle the numbers down to a manageable shortlist. Unfortunately, perfectly qualified and suitable candidates like you may often find themselves falling foul of this process, and it can be really discouraging. However, I really feel that - with your experience - you can certainly reapply and very possibly make it onto the shortlist for the next cohort, if you have a careful re-working of your original application. Just some thoughts.......may be wrong, but just really felt hurt for you, and wanted to encourage you not to give up your dream. xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ejl5491
Was that for the west midlands?

East Midlands ! Quite a few people are dropping out due to missing paperwork. myself possibly included. Lots of hope yet for reserves.
Does anybody know if Step Up to Social Work is still going? Will there be an application window in 2016? The website is really vague about application and almost seems to hint that the scheme has closed for good?
Reply 508
I submitted last week too! Does anyone know the earliest possible response date as I'm driving myself insane thinking every email may be a reply! I spoke to a guy on the phone but he wasn't very clear!
Reply 509
Is anyone going to the assessment centre at Birmingham Uni on 25th June? Can't believe we have to be there for 8.30- I'm going to have to get up at 5am! Not sure I'll be at my best somehow!! 😴
Reply 510
Hello, I am attending the assessment centre in Nottingham on 25th June. Found a useful document online with more in depth info about the day. Good luck to you all
regards
Julie
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Julie
Could you share the document you found? There is not much information available as to the structure of the day.
Reply 512
Original post by whitevanbird
Hi Julie
Could you share the document you found? There is not much information available as to the structure of the day.

Hi I just googled Sutsw assessment day questions and found some info by CWDC. Sorry unable to attach link :-(
Has any one who has already been to the assessment centre have any advice or information on what happens on the day?
There's nothing shocking there. Take a book. I found alot of waiting around. Good luck :smile:
Reply 515
Original post by happyhope
There's nothing shocking there. Take a book. I found alot of waiting around. Good luck :smile:

Do you know what the tasks are?
Yeah but we're not allowed to say. Nothing shocking honestly :smile:
Reply 517
Original post by happyhope
Yeah but we're not allowed to say. Nothing shocking honestly :smile:

Oh ok no worries just wondered what type not content like if there was maths and English skills etc
If you check the one for 2014 there are a few posts within the last few weeks which give a little bit more information, i guessed there was some confidentiality as everything went a little quiet!
Reply 519
Original post by Lorna2311
If you check the one for 2014 there are a few posts within the last few weeks which give a little bit more information, i guessed there was some confidentiality as everything went a little quiet!

Ok ty 😊 guess all will become clear soon anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending