The Student Room Group

Your Biggest Waste of Money?

remember buying a PS2 game for £20 which wouldn't start so that.

Scroll to see replies

Uni
Accidentally going over my phone bill by £200, managed to get £100 back off the phone company as their customer service was rubbish. Expensive lesson learned.
Reply 3
Imo 24-month contract phones are the biggest waste of money. My contract ends in September and i'm sticking with my phone and going with a sim only rolling contract. Screw contracts. Next time i'm saving and then buying.

Expensive smartphones too imo are a waste. All i want is something that can make calls, run Facebook, run Whatsapp and is strong enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Booking a flight to New York that I ended up not being able to take :frown: Cost £500 of which I got back about £150, but still, £350 down the drain :unimpressed:
Reply 5
Probably subbing on tsr tbh.
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Probably subbing on tsr tbh.

Did you mean 'Bra'?
Original post by TornadoGR4
Did you mean 'Bra'?

HA I edited my typo.
Original post by Carpe Vinum
HA I edited my typo.

Well, ****
Original post by datpiff
Imo 24-month contract phones are the biggest waste of money. My contract ends in September and i'm sticking with my phone and going with a sim only rolling contract. Screw contracts. Next time i'm saving and then buying.

Expensive smartphones too imo are a waste. All i want is something that can make calls, run Facebook, run Whatsapp and is strong enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh i'm just going to go PAYG when my contract runs out in a few months. Don't see the point in paying £30 a month for unlimited texts and loads of minutes/data when I never call anyone and there's only 3 people I ever text.

On topic, I can't think of one specific thing but I can easily piss away £100+ a week without putting any thought in to it. I'm really good at budgetting when I have to, but when I know I have money in my account i'm awful.
Probably my undergraduate degree (chose the wrong subject, now having to do post-grad to get to where I want).

Also I ran up a £157 phone bill using my mobile abroad. It wouldn't connect and I didn't realise it was charging a load every time I tried...
Taking out a £40k loan secured on my house to set up a business that went bust within a year, ultimately causing me to nearly get repossessed. Fun times.
Reply 13
Buying clothes online because I hate shopping that much, and they don't fit when they arrive.
Probably the like 7 foundations I have sat in my make-up drawer that are too dark for my skin tone so won't get used for the most part, and they're too light for anyone I know to give them to.

Also back when I was really struggling with EDNOS and was just doing a bunch of stupid dangerous **** to lose just any weight, I got scammed on diet pills and lost like £100. Lesson learnt, was an idiot but when you're that messed up and desperate it's so easy to fall into.
Original post by Badgers
Buying clothes online because I hate shopping that much, and they don't fit when they arrive.

There's quite a few clothing websites that offer free returns like Very and I think ASOS. Might be a good thought :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by SophieSmall
There's quite a few clothing websites that offer free returns like Very and I think ASOS. Might be a good thought

Not a bad idea actually. I never considered that. lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Gambling phase, alcohol , went to a working girl once and couldn't get it up i was **** faced and didn't get my cash back, fines, plane flight home from a road trip due to hangover. #funtimes
Not pre-booking a hotel for Christmas Eve and paying like $400 for the worst room I've ever stayed when booking on the day of.
Slightly regret the cost of undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest