The Student Room Group

AQA PHIL4 - Help! Specifically Descartes?

In a tremendous example of poetic irony, after a year my username has once again become pertinent. I really need help with AQA PHIL 4 if anyone can? I don't mind if you aren't doing/didn't do Descartes, I'll take anything?

My teacher has never taught this subject at A2 before, and he seems to have massively undersold the difficulty that this exam would present. I only tried my first 45 Mark question for this unit last week.

I was wondering what anybody has to say on things like: how long 15 mark essays should be? (The exemplar ones are longer than last year's!?) How fully Descartes' counter arguments needs to be dealt with? (Or can I mostly rely on my own criticisms?)

Things of that general nature. And please pray for me also x
Original post by tomfailinghelp
In a tremendous example of poetic irony, after a year my username has once again become pertinent. I really need help with AQA PHIL 4 if anyone can? I don't mind if you aren't doing/didn't do Descartes, I'll take anything?

My teacher has never taught this subject at A2 before, and he seems to have massively undersold the difficulty that this exam would present. I only tried my first 45 Mark question for this unit last week.

I was wondering what anybody has to say on things like: how long 15 mark essays should be? (The exemplar ones are longer than last year's!?) How fully Descartes' counter arguments needs to be dealt with? (Or can I mostly rely on my own criticisms?)

Things of that general nature. And please pray for me also x

Apologies if this is a bit of a late reply as the exam is only in a few days, but the 15 markers should generally depend on the quality of your language.The general structure that I've been taught is to outline the claim/topic of what is being asked in the question, trying to be precise as possible as to who made the claim and what it aims to achieve, backed up by analogy or illustrations.
Then you generally need to have an objection explained in detail (or two briefly) and don't forget to include their replies! A significant amount of marks can be awarded for evaluation in philosophy. In general, my 15 markers are about a page and a half to two pages and I have average sized writing.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending