The Student Room Group

Why are young women so popular with ALL MEN?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whorace
Youthful body and less likely to have serious obligations.

What does a youthful body or obligations have to do with personality? That's an odd thing to say.
Reply 41
Original post by Astronomical
What does a youthful body or obligations have to do with personality? That's an odd thing to say.

I'd say your far more likely to take risks if you don't have children for example. Risks can be fun.
Men are horny f*ckers.
Why do you both believe that personality would peak in the twenties? I find that older ladies (and men) usually seem to have better personalities imo.

Well, define what "better" is for you. I already stated spontaneity, sex drive, the lack of pressure of having kids/settling down and more emphasis on simply enjoying life.

I don't think it's a coincidence that men want women who just happen to be at their prettiest and pre significant maternal urges.
Original post by whorace
I'd say your far more likely to take risks if you don't have children for example. Risks can be fun.

So you think most young people are adventurous risk takers?
'all men'

Even the gays?
Reply 46
So you think most young people are adventurous risk takers?

No just more of them, and thats the stereotype, and well believing stereotypes has a funny habit of making them more true.

There are plenty of riskier and 'youthful' older women, I use youthful not just as age but qualities like adventure and so forth.
Original post by So Instinct
Well, define what "better" is for you. I already stated spontaneity, sex drive, the lack of pressure of having kids/settling down and more emphasis on simply enjoying life.

I don't think it's a coincidence that men want women who just happen to be at their prettiest and pre significant maternal urges.

Having a "better" personality to me would mean that the person understands themselves more, is self-assured, independent, can see the bigger picture, etc. Young people, though obviously more 'energetic', tend to be unsure about a lot of things, don't know what they want, and usually fail to see the bigger picture.

I agree with your second remark, but not the implied reasoning. I'd argue men go for younger women because they're better looking perkier breasts and bums, tighter skin, and, essentially, more of a trophy to boast about.
Virgin superiority complex.
Representation of youth in relation to attractiveness.
Reproduction purposes??

Ahhhhh, so now we get to the heart of your argument.

It's a vain and thinly veiled attempt to discredit evolution and science in favour of intelligent design and creationism.
Reply 50
Original post by uberteknik
Ahhhhh, so now we get to the heart of your argument.

It's a vain and thinly veiled attempt to discredit evolution and science in favour of intelligent design and creationism.

You heard it here first. John Cleese is a creationist.

Your astonishing lack of culture explains your poor ability to distinguish between evolution and evolutionary psychology.
Original post by whorace
You heard it here first. John Cleese is a creationist.

Your astonishing lack of culture explains your poor ability to distinguish between evolution and evolutionary psychology.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with that burden then. :wink:

Why did you feel the need to revert to ad-hominem?
Reply 52
Original post by uberteknik
Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with that burden then. :wink:

Why did you feel the need to revert to ad-hominem?

What you mean like you did?

A term people throw around without understanding, it only applies to the case of whether or not a statement is true or false.

Cleese is mocking the scientists who believe everything can be reduced to simple explanations like 'a gene for this post' which is utterly ridiculous and doesn't actually offer any explanations, this is the case with a lot of pop evolutionary psychology, which you are peddling in the name of sound evolutionary science....
Original post by whorace
What you mean like you did?

A term people throw around without understanding, it only applies to the case of whether or not a statement is true or false.

Cleese is mocking the scientists who believe everything can be reduced to simple explanations like 'a gene for this post' which is utterly ridiculous and doesn't actually offer any explanations, this is the case with a lot of pop evolutionary psychology, which you are peddling in the name of sound evolutionary science....
It seems you have a chip on your shoulder for some reason.

Does someone need a hug?
Reply 54
I can't say I'm impressed by the character of many young women, particularly those who fancy themselves "attractive" and who have an attitude of being used to getting what they want.
Reply 55

bacuse according the evolutionary approach of psychology, men desire women who are younger because they are likely to be more fertile and healthier than women who are older, they will remain fertile for longer and be healthier for longer. Also as younger women may be seen as healthier than older women this means the child of this woman will have an incresed chance of survival.
Original post by whorace
Yes because 99% of men sleep with women at bars because they want children.

It's a dumb ideology described away by facts.

Unsophisticated primates might behave like that, but we are far more complex.

Sex has many functions, only one of those is producing children.

You are so stupid that is actually painful to read your posts. People like you are the reason that I don't use this site anymore.
Reply 57
Original post by Ashnard
You are so stupid that is actually painful to read your posts. People like you are the reason that I don't use this site anymore.

Aggressive pseudointellectuals like you are the reason I should leave as well.

I am struggling to understand why people are objecting to my post. I have simply pointed out that sex is not just about reproducing? What is wrong with this.
You've not seen Nightcrawler? That guy was 'tappin' dat middle-aged ass'. Regardless of said character being fictitious: there are blokes out there who are infatuated with the sense of maternity that older women bring to the table.
Original post by whorace
Aggressive pseudointellectuals like you are the reason I should leave as well.

I am struggling to understand why people are objecting to my post. I have simply pointed out that sex is not just about reproducing? What is wrong with this.

Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand. Others on this thread have tried to explain the flaw of your 'argument' but you don't seem to have grasped their points. I've been on this site long enough to know when it is not worth the effort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending