The Student Room Group

Firm and insurance

Hello,

I have already got all my 5 offers, but the end of the easter holiday is just near 6th May. Therefore, I really need some advice from you guys.

The grade I got :

EAP- B+/B 10%each
Business management B 20%
Culture Theory and society A 20%

And my offers are :

UCL Overall B+/ EAP A/ BM A
KCL Overall B+/ BM B+
Cass Overall B+/ IELTS 6.5/ SATR
QMUL Overall B+/ EAP B+
ABDN Overall B ( Dont want to go )

How to choose firm and insurance ?
Original post by TzuhuaChang
Hello,

I have already got all my 5 offers, but the end of the easter holiday is just near 6th May. Therefore, I really need some advice from you guys.

The grade I got :

EAP- B+/B 10%each

And my offers are :

KCL Overall B+/ BM B+
QMUL Overall B+/ EAP B+

I'm afraid that those marks and grades mean very little to a British audience. You need to explain a bit more.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
I'm afraid that those marks and grades mean very little to a British audience. You need to explain a bit more.

Ah! Well, I currently study in King's College London international foundation programme.

A =70 / B+=65/ B=60/ C+=55

EAP = English for academic purpose

SATR= SAT Reasoning Math ...

It is British Marks except SATR
Don't really understand much about the grades but Based on unis I would recommend firming UCL...Cass has a very good business school, and KCL is also very good so one of them for insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah! Well, I currently study in King's College London international foundation programme.

A =70 / B+=65/ B=60/ C+=55

EAP = English for academic purpose

SATR= SAT Reasoning Math ...

It is British Marks except SATR

For which unis do you meet the requirements?
Hello,

The grade I got :

EAP- B+/B 10%each

And my offers are :

KCL Overall B+/ BM B+
QMUL Overall B+/ EAP B+

Well, clearly you can discount Aberdeen, as you don't want to go there anymore.

It seems like at the moment, you meet the requirements for all the unis except UCL.

Will you be able to improve your grade before the summer, or are your marks final?

If you can improve your grade, then it would be worth considering firming UCL, and insuring whichever of the other 3 you like the best. If you can't improve your grade, then it's probably not worth firming UCL and you should firm whichever of the other three you like best, and insure whichever you like second best.

As you're currently in London, you could visit the other unis again fairly easily, which might help you decide which ones you like best.

Have you enjoyed your time at KCL so far?
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
For which unis do you meet the requirements?

I am not really sure about this, because we only finish almost 20% in these all subject.
Reply 7
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Well, clearly you can discount Aberdeen, as you don't want to go there anymore.

It seems like at the moment, you meet the requirements for all the unis except UCL.

Will you be able to improve your grade before the summer, or are your marks final?

If you can improve your grade, then it would be worth considering firming UCL, and insuring whichever of the other 3 you like the best. If you can't improve your grade, then it's probably not worth firming UCL and you should firm whichever of the other three you like best, and insure whichever you like second best.

As you're currently in London, you could visit the other unis again fairly easily, which might help you decide which ones you like best.

Have you enjoyed your time at KCL so far?

My predicted grade for Business Management is A, therefore I think I can achieve it. (But I am not really understand this grading system...)
In terms of EAP, I think A for me is too difficult. It is difficult than get 7 on ielts. Do you think it is possible to ask UCL for changing the language condition?

KCL is really good. I really enjoyed this academic environment :smile:

Thanx :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Don't really understand much about the grades but Based on unis I would recommend firming UCL...Cass has a very good business school, and KCL is also very good so one of them for insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanx :smile:

Yeah, I am considering to firm UCL....but my grade...

Too difficult to choose!!!
My predicted grade for Business Management is A, therefore I think I can achieve it. (But I am not really understand this grading system...)
In terms of EAP, I think A for me is too difficult. It is difficult than get 7 on ielts. Do you think it is possible to ask UCL for changing the language condition?

KCL is really good. I really enjoyed this academic environment :smile:

Thanx :biggrin:

Unfortunately, the language condition is probably the thing they are least likely to change- in general unis are pretty strict about this, as they want to know you'll cope with following lectures and the academic reading and writing required of you.

If you really like KCL, I think you should think seriously about staying there. Somewhere else might be better, but equally you might have a worse experience elsewhere. Is their another university you think you'd particularly enjoy studying at?
Reply 10
Unfortunately, the language condition is probably the thing they are least likely to change- in general unis are pretty strict about this, as they want to know you'll cope with following lectures and the academic reading and writing required of you.

If you really like KCL, I think you should think seriously about staying there. Somewhere else might be better, but equally you might have a worse experience elsewhere. Is their another university you think you'd particularly enjoy studying at?

Yeah, I know it is difficult to ask them to change the condition, but Ielts 7.0 is equal to A in our EAP course....

Ah, I went to City's open day a month ago, actually I dont really like the campus, but I still consider about it because Cass business course is better than KCL.

I like UCL the most, but still feel hesitating to choose it as my firm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah, I went to City's open day a month ago, actually I dont really like the campus, but I still consider about it because Cass business course is better than KCL.

I like UCL the most, but still feel hesitating to choose it as my firm.

In the end, it doesn't matter if you miss your firm, so long as you're happy to go to your insurance. Lots of people chose firms knowing getting the grades will be a stretch.

How do you feel about QMUL?
Reply 12
In the end, it doesn't matter if you miss your firm, so long as you're happy to go to your insurance. Lots of people chose firms knowing getting the grades will be a stretch.

How do you feel about QMUL?

In fact, I have no idea to QMUL. Almost all of our classmates apply to QMUL for insurance so I apply to QM, because the entry requirement was B last year.
In fact, I have no idea to QMUL. Almost all of our classmates apply to QMUL for insurance so I apply to QM, because the entry requirement was B last year.

Ah, I see. Well as you're in London anyway, maybe you should visit and have a look around?

I think in your shoes, I would put UCL as firm, and KCL as my insurance, but it's such a personal decision, so it's a good idea to check out all your options properly.
I made a mistake! I've already chose my firm choice for Derby but got an interview recently from hallam and if I do well in that will I be able to make that my firm choice??

Is that possible? I heard you can't change your firm choice once its on ucas

Plus the deadline is not due yet so can I still remove derby as my firm choice? How?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending