The Student Room Group

Should I ask this guy out?

About a month ago I was on a night out and very briefly (for about five seconds) met a friend of a friend. He seemed nice from what I saw and my friends seem to get on really well with guy so the day after I added him on facebook, we talked for a few days and I asked him for a drink but he said he was busy that week. After that it kinda petered out.
Anyway, tonight I was on an online dating site and saw that he uploaded a profile, so should I talk to him again and say that I saw his profile and ask him out again? Or am I best to leave it? I don't have a public profile on the dating site so he won't have seen me on there
Just leave it tbh
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Any help?
Maybe invite him to the cinema?!
Hmmm. I think if it fizzled out the first time round I think I'd leave it.

If you really want to talk to him I think I'd be inclined to do it over Facebook again rather than a dating site.. not because there is anything wrong with dating sites but more so because if you asked him out before and he said he was busy and then you ask him out on a dating site he has signed up to it may look a bit stalkerish (I really don't mean to offend). So by all means if you want to ask him then go for it, good luck, but I think you would be best doing it on Facebook again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
What happened is not an encouraging sign. I think it depends how keen you are, I suppose it might be worth another go. But generally it's best to focus on people who are enthusiastic about you..
Original post by Zarek
What happened is not an encouraging sign. I think it depends how keen you are, I suppose it might be worth another go. But generally it's best to focus on people who are enthusiastic about you..

Well if did that I would get nowhere.

Anyway what is the best way to ask someone out? Ive never been out with a girl before and im 23!
Reply 8
Original post by Laomedeia
Well if did that I would get nowhere.

Anyway what is the best way to ask someone out? Ive never been out with a girl before and im 23!

I was 23 before my first relationship, so I understand what you say. I think if you are only average attractiveness you do have to put a lot of effort in and play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses. But this said you do need to find someone who rates you or there's no point. After a very frustrating time at Uni my success picked up in the working world. In answer to your question it is dress well, work on your repartee, flirt, go after girls of different level of attractiveness and your luck WILL change. Trust me.
Original post by Zarek
I was 23 before my first relationship, so I understand what you say. I think if you are only average attractiveness you do have to put a lot of effort in and play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses. But this said you do need to find someone who rates you or there's no point. After a very frustrating time at Uni my success picked up in the working world. In answer to your question it is dress well, work on your repartee, flirt, go after girls of different level of attractiveness and your luck WILL change. Trust me.

Fair enough. Only I dont have a repartee so this probably explains why im crap.
Reply 10
Original post by Laomedeia
Fair enough. Only I dont have a repartee so this probably explains why im crap.

1) never give up 2) repartee and looks can be honed..
Original post by bluetree112
Any help?

leave him. date me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending