The Student Room Group

Girls, would you notice?

I have a date with this girl tomorrow night, and I was getting all hyped up this morning, when I was hit with a calamity and woke up to this big zit. So I started thinking what If I wore some foundation to cover it up would you notice? and also I am a guy, so it might be awkward if she realises that I am wearing foundation, so is foundation visible to the naked eye when done properly? :frown:

She's really hot like a 10/10, so I don't want her being creeped out by my spot, that would be embarrassing.:redface:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

aww no you don't need to wear foundation! nobody is going to be bothered by a spot. and unless you have perfectly matching foundation it's probably going to be noticeable you're wearing it.

just enjoy ya date
Honestly I would probably be able to tell that you were wearing it.
But as a girl with skin problems I would understand the hell out of that situation and not care.
Original post by Killer Mic
I have a date with this girl tomorrow night, and I was getting all hyped up this morning when I was hit with a calamity and woke up this big zit. So I started thinking what If I wore some foundation to cover it up would you notice? and also I am a guy, so it might be awkward if she realises that I am wearing foundation, so is foundation visible to the naked eye when done properly? :frown:

She's really hot like a 10/10, so I don't want her being creeped out by my spot, that would be embarrassing.:redface:

Depends if she wears make up or not. If she is used to make up she would definitely notice how it looks. Foundation won't even cover the spot, it will only conceal the redness of it- you would still be able to see the raised bump.

Having a spot isn't going to change her impression of you so just leave the make-up :smile: You could try to numb it down with some ice before the date to make it less visible though
Reply 4
Original post by Sophie_girl
aww no you don't need to wear foundation! nobody is going to be bothered by a spot. and unless you have perfectly matching foundation it's probably going to be noticeable you're wearing it.

just enjoy ya date

Yeah, the foundation matches my skin perfectly.:tongue:

I have olive skin tone, so my sister's one matches my skin perfectly, I tried this morning for extra precaution.
Reply 5
Original post by sarahwitkowski
Honestly I would probably be able to tell that you were wearing it.
But as a girl with skin problems I would understand the hell out of that situation and not care.

She's got perfect skin, so it might be awkward, and she might think "ew" and runaway.:frown:
Reply 6
Don't wear foundation.

How bad is it anyway?
Reply 7
Original post by SiminaM
Don't wear foundation.

How bad is it anyway?

But the foundation matches my skin perfectly, it's quite big and red.:frown:

It's like a miniature volcano.
She's got perfect skin, so it might be awkward, and she might think "ew" and runaway.:frown:

She might have perfect skin now to you, but remember that
1. she probably wears makeup and
2. she has almost certainly had a spot at some point.
I seriously doubt she would have that reaction.
Original post by TarnyGee
I wouldn't notice if the rest of your face is nice. But I have a better tip, force that zit into submission by putting on a facial mask (99p) and then straighter after putting on Colgate for about ten minutes. It stings but it worked for me yesterday.

If she agreed to go on a date with you, she will not be it off with one small (or big) pimple. We have all had them!

Do you mean you wouldn't care? Surely you'd notice more on a nice face, in the same way a scratch stands out more on a brand new car than in a battered old one?

I know a couple of my (male) friends sometimes cover up spots with foundation when on nights out, it's probably more common than people realise.

I wouldn't, you'll look more confident and therefore attractive by acting like it doesn't bother you. If she does notice, it will indicate you're insecure, which is very unattractive.
Reply 10
Original post by Mankytoes
Do you mean you wouldn't care? Surely you'd notice more on a nice face, in the same way a scratch stands out more on a brand new car than in a battered old one?

I know a couple of my (male) friends sometimes cover up spots with foundation when on nights out, it's probably more common than people realise.

I wouldn't, you'll look more confident and therefore attractive by acting like it doesn't bother you. If she does notice, it will indicate you're insecure, which is very unattractive.

But can you tell when your male friends are wearing foundation, or do they have to tell you?
You seem almost afraid of this girl..

I doubt a pimple would change much if you're already into each other.
But can you tell when your male friends are wearing foundation, or do they have to tell you?

No, but I don't notice when my girlfriend gets a hair cut so I'm probably not the best example.
Reply 13
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Depends if she wears make up or not. If she is used to make up she would definitely notice how it looks. Foundation won't even cover the spot, it will only conceal the redness of it- you would still be able to see the raised bump.

Having a spot isn't going to change her impression of you so just leave the make-up :smile: You could try to numb it down with some ice before the date to make it less visible though

But if the foundation matches my skin perfectly, would that be okay?
But if the foundation matches my skin perfectly, would that be okay?

What foundation is it? It all depends on the texture of it
Reply 15
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
What foundation is it? It all depends on the texture of it

It's my sisters.

It's called rimmel london lasting finish or something like that, we both have the same skin type.

This is embarrassing, I can't believe I'm talking about what foundation I should use to cover up my spot.:redface:
The spot isnt going to bother her mate. But if it makes you feel more confident crack on with the concealer. Id give the foundation a miss.

Reason being is foundation will block an area smooth essentially. But as a guy you want to keep a bit of the rugged masculinity there so some of the skin undulations.

Good luck on your date buddy.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's my sisters.

It's called rimmel london lasting finish or something like that, we both have the same skin type.

This is embarrassing, I can't believe I'm talking about what foundation I should use to cover up my spot.:redface:

That can cover it well but when you put foundation on spots it looks cakey.
I read in your previous post that it looks like a mini volcano, the foundation will not make it look like you have no spot. It will just cover the colour and maybe even emphasize it especially if the spot is dry or open ontop.
It would be best not to wear the foundation
I would put a plaster on it. Or if possible put a bandage around it. I would tell my date that "I got caught off guard during a fight with 3 muggers who tried to rob me last nite on my way home from training". Then to prove they didnt get my wallet I would buy her meal for her. Very romantic and girls will think your both romantic and tough as a tough thing.
Reply 19
Original post by Sam Walters
The spot isnt going to bother her mate. But if it makes you feel more confident crack on with the concealer. Id give the foundation a miss.

Reason being is foundation will block an area smooth essentially. But as a guy you want to keep a bit of the rugged masculinity there so some of the skin undulations.

Good luck on your date buddy.

Cheers.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending