The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Accommodation Advice - Mature Student' at YSJ as of September 2015

Im going to be a 'mature student' studying Theatre from September 2015. I will be 26 so I guess there is a (slight) age gap!! I'm easy going and love going out but Im slightly worried about accommodation! *

I'm not sure whether to go into halls or to find myself a houseshare? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm the same age and looking at the same issue. Housesharing would sound like a good idea, but after researching it I found that most available (and affordable) properties were out of walking distance from YSJ. I'll be going with one of the cheaper dorms; hopefully most of the students there will be either older or international, what with the limited budget.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm the same age as you and I was thinking the same but I read that a high percentage of YSJ students are 21 or over so I wouldn't worry really.
Hi!
Just spotted your post.
We have a 3 bed house very close to YSJ which is suitable for a house share. It is a very clean and well-equipped house just 5 minutes walk from YSJ. It is in Neville Terrace YO31 8NF.
We are looking to let to either postgrads or mature students, so if you are still looking for a place, please get in touch on 07866012597
The property is advertised on the Yorproperty website, as we are accredited landlords and meet all the requirements of the York City Council accreditation scheme.
Best regards
Margaret & Geoff Morris
HI, I know this is an old thread, but just wondering how you guys got on in the end?
I'm starting in September 2016, Primary Education (Confirmed place, I applied last year and deferred) and will be nearly 25 when I start. I don't really want to be in a shared flat with 18 year olds, absolutely no offense to anyone intended, but I know I will hate it. Does the university try and put mature students together? Or is it better to just find my own accommodation?
Hi all I'll be a mature student in 9/16 dors anyone know if going privare is more cost effective than using YSJ accommodation? Ive had my offer now so wish to get the ball rollinh
Hi ,
My parents bought a 4 bedroom house (all double bedrooms) on Evelyn Crescent ( a 15 minute walk from York St John) for myself and 2 friends. We have now all qualified and are working in other areas. The house is available from Aug 2016. It is in a quiet area, with off street parking. The house was not affected by the recent floods in York. Please feel free to contact me for further information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending