The Student Room Group

exam stress

I'm suffering from exam stress extremely badly, i study psychology, history, english lit and sociology.. im feeling completely overwhelmed, i havent even looked at sociology yet because im aiming to drop it but i dont want to fail completely but im so worried about failing my other exams?!
Does anybody have any tips to deal with the stress of the best way to remember stats and facts for history etc,
Original post by rachel102
I'm suffering from exam stress extremely badly, i study psychology, history, english lit and sociology.. im feeling completely overwhelmed, i havent even looked at sociology yet because im aiming to drop it but i dont want to fail completely but im so worried about failing my other exams?!
Does anybody have any tips to deal with the stress of the best way to remember stats and facts for history etc,

Excessive masturbation.

Spoiler

Original post by rachel102

Relax, don't get yourself in a panic, we are all in this together lol. Yes I do history and the best way to remember dates for me is to re-write them over and over again with the event and also make up a story in my head of all the events in order so, e.g "John went to the shop on the 19th of February to buy pasta, however on the 10th of January John burnt his noodles which may have influenced his decision on buying pasta on the 19th of Ferbruary" then in my head I would make a picture John burning his noodles on the 10th January, it's actually my mum's b'day on the 10th of jan so I would associate that image with an event if you get what I mean, then on the 19th of feb I see a picture of John walking out the shop with his pasta and there maybe 5 heart balloons in his hand because 19th of feb is 5 days after Valentines day. Just make up silly stories and I promise you will remember the stuff and then maybe actually write out the timelines properly in front of you to see the order of events. Good luck.
You just need to relax.. I know it's hard, but seriously, being stressed will not help you at all. When I get really stressed, I organise a grid/ timetable and allot small chunks of each topic into it. I don't follow a timetable entirely, but it builds structure and makes you feel like you're sorting your **** out :smile:. Exams are in a month or so, you have time to put in a solid amount of work. Why let some nerves distract you from putting you absolute all in? If you feel really stressed, have an early night, make some tea, watch a film- then start afresh the next day. Try not to overthink about exams and be positive- you can do really well! I also do history, and I find it helpful to create flashcards with small chunks o information on an i read them before bed- it works really well and I remember everything clearly when I wake up. If you need any more help just pm me, I went through this anxious stage recently but I feel a lot more positive about coping with it all, and summer is just around the corner :smile:
Oh one more thing YOU CAN DO THIS :smile:
Reply 5
I completely understand how you feel. firstly to tackle exam stress or at least ease it I have found that my stress has lowered significantly in the past week by organising my day. you could create a revision time table if you don't already have one or if that's not your thing write down each day the goals of what work you want to complete that day and work through it slowly. likewise don't excessively work you need to find a balance between work/ revision and some you time. if you feel super overwhelmed talking to your friends is a big help as it shows you that its not just you who feels that way.
Everybody I have spoke to has said this point to me so I'm going to tell you it but there is no need to use it if you don't want to but exercise helps beat stress as it releases endorphins. I have found yoga is a really good thing to do as it relax your mind and your body for the day ahead. you can spend 5 minutes in the morning doing yoga poses and it should make you feel a lot more relaxed. lastly I think that trying not to worry and over think things is a key. I know its hard as I do it myself but taking a short break once you start to get tired or feel the stress coming on is a good idea. just remember you are not alone and as long as you do your best everything will be ok.
As for tips of remembering stats and facts I don't do history and I didn't do it in AS either but I have heard that number association or something is suppose to be good basically you associate the number you want to remember with something else. sadly I can't think of an example for you. mind maps are always helpful. Just make the numbers big and colourful. or do what I do for geography stats and stick post it notes or poster containing them on your wall so you see them everyday.
I currently study psychology at A2 so if you need any help with that let me know and I can advise you.
hope this helped good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you all so much!

Quick Reply

Latest