The Student Room Group

Side effects of unrequited love?

I am in love with a girl I can't have. She has a bf.

Anyway so this girl is all I ever think about.

And I just wanted to know if how I feel is normal?

I feel sad most of the time.

I feel angry most of the time, and I get agitated very quickly.

I spend too much time wondering what if? etc and it eats up a lot of my time.

Wherever I go, whatever I am doing, I think of her. At work and even in the gym!

I am crazy about said girl, and I cannot get her out of my mind.

Has anyone ever felt like this? I hope I am not the only one?

Scroll to see replies

Yep so normal for them to dominate every thought you have, have to acknowledge that it is unlikely you will be able to share these thoughts and feelings with them and to move on.

What I found helped me was whenever I thought of them I wished the choices they make make them as happy as I wanted to make them if we were together. Also trying to distract yourself with other people was a good way to distance oneself from focussing on one person.
Reply 2
Attachment not found
Reply 3
I didn't realise how bad your situation was. I thought it was only a few months, but almost a year?!! This is unhealthy. You've set up all these threads, over the past year, and achieved what? Nothing. You're basically in the exact situation. Can't you see, being on here isn't helping. We can't help you. You don't listen to anyone. This is why you need professional help.

Don't reply with a update with how things are going with her or how you feel so lonely & sad. I don't give a **** & neither does anyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
So, it's absolutely normal, but entirely futile. The best and only solution is to redirect all that angst and restless energy in to finding someone who is up for it with you.
You become like that weird user believeteam22...Oh.
Thats soo cute :tongue:. I would suggest you talking to her first. If she ever does break up with her bf , you may have a chance
Original post by ToottiFruti
Thats soo cute :tongue:. I would suggest you talking to her first. If she ever does break up with her bf , you may have a chance

Don't be that guy who hangs around her hoping for a relationship to end. That's not cool.

If you truly care about someone you will want them to be happy, even if that means not getting what you want.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
You'd make an excellent 3rd wheel.
DON'T HELP THIS GUY!

HE HAS A THREAD WITH 111 PAGES OF ANSWERS: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3214053

IT'S LITERALLY USELESS AT THIS POINT
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by High Stakes
DON'T HELP THIS GUY!

HE HAS A THREAD WITH 111 PAGES OF ANSWERS: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3214053

IT'S LITERALLY USELESS AT THIS POINT

I know, I've tried to help him on that thread!
It's ironic that he asks for advice, but isn't willing to listen to the advice given.
He wants help but isn't willing to help himself. There is nothing anyone can do. He needs professional help. People are only wasting their time by trying to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Whilst it is a normal feeling, you cannot do anything about it, she is taken.
Reply 12
Every thread that belongs to thisbcreep needs to be shut down. Believeteam22 has harassed this girl to the point where she was going to call the police. There's no helping this guy. He just doesnt change. You'd think that he'd take in the advice that you give him. But you're wasting your time.
Original post by Zarek
So, it's absolutely normal, but entirely futile. The best and only solution is to redirect all that angst and restless energy in to finding someone who is up for it with you.

This, its been a long time since ive had unrequited love. But i remember how much i hated it.
Side effects of unrequited love include, but are not limited to: wallowing in self-pity, overconsumption of sweet objects, developing a cynical view of human life and in fatal cases, death.
Reply 15
The side effect is even low self esteem but you probably had that before you even met this girl to be perfectly honest. Because she is unattainable (nothing to do with you, she's in a relationship for pete's sake and is clearly loyal to it) and you know you will be rejected you use this to further affirm your own self loathing.

You seriously need to ask yourself why you are chasing a woman who is not even available. Do you feel this is all you deserve? Were/are either of your parents emotionally or physically unavailable?
I read somewhere that almost everyone feels like this about someone at least once in their life.

I also read that trying to stop thinking about them is the worst advice ever and that you just need to ride out the emotion until you desensitise to it.
Original post by HZFKZ
Every thread that belongs to thisbcreep needs to be shut down. Believeteam22 has harassed this girl to the point where she was going to call the police. There's no helping this guy. He just doesnt change. You'd think that he'd take in the advice that you give him. But you're wasting your time.

Indeed. It's about time we received some "BELIEVER JUSTICE"
Reply 18
Original post by AdamNitron
Indeed. It's about time we received some "BELIEVER JUSTICE"

Exactly, the believe team need to step up and take some action
Original post by Jabberwox
I read somewhere that almost everyone feels like this about someone at least once in their life.

I also read that trying to stop thinking about them is the worst advice ever and that you just need to ride out the emotion until you desensitise to it.

That hasn't happened yet. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending