The Student Room Group

Just wanted to say i love it

Its been almost a full term since i started sixth form and i am still loving it, even though some of its hard i just look forward to every day. I am at my happiest i have ever been at while in school. I like all my teachers, i enjoy all the subjects, i like my school and its facilities.

Even with exams in January i still cant wait to go in tommoro.

Anyone else feel this way?

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Glad you're having a good time!

I don't think I am quite an enthusiastic, but I definitely enjoy it. :smile:
Sounds like you're really happy, which is nice to hear.

Good luck with your subjects, I'm sure you'll do well :smile:
|I felt the same way about sixth form. The whole community was a lot nicer, with people who used to pick on me in the younger years growing up and actually talking to me in a friendly way. Most of the idiots who didn't want to learn had left, so the teachers were much more relaxed. And of course, there was no uniform :smile: Glad you're enjoying it!
Reply 4
I agree, in fact as a result i'm not looking forward to Christmas. Even when i have no lessons in an afternoon people ask "why are you still here" and i just enjoy lounging around and doing work occasionaly. In fact that is a reason for me getting poor results last year i really enjoyed the social scene.

However what is the best thing about sixth form is just doing lessons that you enjoy. Like in GCSE with doing about 10 subjects theres always some that you dread.
Reply 5
mike101
I am at my happiest i have ever been at while in school. I like all my teachers, i enjoy all the subjects, i like my school and its facilities.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

ME!

the only other time I remember enjoying school was back in first school.
Reply 6
Did you change schools?
I feel the same tbh. I'm loving it =] I moved schools, and I'm really glad I did.
Reply 8
Ok, you lot are *really* keen...
I prefer 6th year in comparison to earlier years, but it's not doing that much for me - mounds of essays always seem to get in the way of all the fun :rolleyes:
Reply 9
i wish i was like you lot, but i dont enjoy it as much; its so dull at the moment. I hope it improves. (it will if i get good grades though)
Reply 10
I stayed at the same school, one of the reasons i like it so much is that i know everybody!! lol
Reply 11
6th form is great, im in my second year and i still feel the same. You do, however need to keep on top of work, otherwise it gets really stressful. revise all the time. Most of all enjoy all your subjects
Reply 12
I'm in sixthform right now, and even though I really hate how much work im getting (especially in comparison to friends doing similar subjects in other schools) but I absbolutely love the social side to it. Everyones lost the bitchiness and cliqueyness(sp:redface:) and its just so wiked.
^o)
Reply 14
I felt like that at the start of lower sixth. Not anymore though :frown:.
mike101
Its been almost a full term since i started sixth form and i am still loving it, even though some of its hard i just look forward to every day. I am at my happiest i have ever been at while in school. I like all my teachers, i enjoy all the subjects, i like my school and its facilities.

Even with exams in January i still cant wait to go in tommoro.

i understand what you mean...its a nice change.
I like it - it's suddenly a lot different, and we get less of those stupid restrictions we had when we were in secondary school. I also enjoy being at a position of greater responsibility over younger students, e.g. helping out in classes, being house captain and so forth. I do however feel more nostalgic than ever since I went into sixth form; I frequently find myself thinking "Ah, those were the days..." when I see year 7s and 8s scuttling past :p: I really should stop looking at the past lol!
Reply 17
lil one
I'm in sixthform right now, and even though I really hate how much work im getting (especially in comparison to friends doing similar subjects in other schools) but I absbolutely love the social side to it. Everyones lost the bitchiness and cliqueyness(sp:redface:) and its just so wiked.

:eek: Was not like that in my year! Though teachers did say that your year was the most together one in the school i.e. you all got along well, no great divides whereas mine was practically segregrated! Like everyone talked to each other but there was a big divide with most of the asian lot. For example, we had a fundraiser for our yearbook/leavers day/ball and it was organised by the asian lot and hardly any non-asians turned up :eek:

Plus, we dominated 3/4s of the common room :biggrin: and there was a beck corner, aisian corner, and other corner (can't think of a good name for that group). Everyone else found other places to hang like classrooms etc.

There was a LOT of bitchiness around.
I love it too..but mostly because of the teachers and subjects, though.

Except that we're not allowed to make toast and tea this year because of safety hazards regarding radiant heat. :-/
Reply 19
marshmallow_mayhem
I love it too..but mostly because of the teachers and subjects, though.

Except that we're not allowed to make toast and tea this year because of safety hazards regarding radiant heat. :-/

:laugh:

A few years ago the sixthformers got a toaster but it ended up setting off the fire alarm so it got confiscated!

Latest

Trending

Trending