The Student Room Group

I kissed another boy...

my boyfriend (new boyfriend of few weeks), didn't contact me for 2 weeks through easter, but everything's okay, he's just awful at texting and always replied when i text him.

Last night i got very very drunk and ended up kissing one of our friends, weirdly i know that he has kissed my other friend and she has a boyfriend also. The guilt is eating me up however, and i know he won't tell anyone. I'm just feeling awful, what if it did come out…it was back at my friends house so no one saw

If i tell him i feel like it will ruin his friendship with our friend, and he will probably end it with me because it's so early on.
Reply 1
What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over. It was a momentary lapse of concentration..
If I were the guy in this scenario, I think I'd rather not know, but only because it's such a relatively minor crime that I'd forgive and even empathise with the drunken chaos, knowing that it's not worth the inevitable irritation that'd come with it.

But only because it was a minor, one-off thing. In this case, it wouldn't be worth telling, at least in my opinion.
I personally think you should have gone anonymous for this post.

But no, I don't think you should tell him. Mainly because it was a one off thing, and the fact that you want to tell him even though he wouldn't find out anyway shows that you care for him, and you wouldn't want the situation to happen again.

So don't tell him, but discuss the matter with the boy you kissed, and don't leave it as an elephant in the room.

Don't make the same mistake again.
Reply 4
Tell him, unless you'd like you relationship from the very beginning to be one based around hiding stuff from one another.
Reply 5
Go tell him about it. Its better he hears it from you than someone else
Reply 6
The guilt is so overwhelming, but you'll happily reveal your issues to a bunch of strangers? Tell him. I think you're just worried that he will get upset, which he probably will do, that is something you'll just have to suffer if you love him.
Reply 7
This sounds like a doomed relationship that will only end up in heartbreak
Once a cheat. Always a cheat. Your boyfriend deserves better than a lowlife like you.
Original post by TheOrder1886
Once a cheat. Always a cheat. Your boyfriend deserves better than a lowlife like you.

Oh please... Stop being so sentimental. They are not married. "It's pretty early on" she said so it's nothing serious and if he's obviously not texting her or calling her during the holidays he's not interested.

She was drunk anyway it was not her fault. It was an accident. Get over it.
Original post by Daenerys...
Oh please... Stop being so sentimental. They are not married. "It's pretty early on" she said so it's nothing serious and if he's obviously not texting her or calling her during the holidays he's not interested.

She was drunk anyway it was not her fault. It was an accident. Get over it.

Because being drunk is a viable excuse, eh?

OP, I think if you're capable of sharing this with complete strangers, you should be able to tell him. If it's minor thing it's no issue.
Reply 11
It can happen. It was a really minor mistake and you seem to be regretting it very much. Since the situation you are in is a lucky one in which you can get away with this, I say take the chance and get away with it. Just be careful next time!
Disgusting. Be honest with him and tell him the truth. The fact that you were aware that you kissed a guy while being drunk, pretty much proves that you were conscious of your actions to a certain extent.

SMH@ people who think she made a "mistake" and it's a "minor issue." Your opinions come from personal experience? :rolleyes:
My boyfriend did the same to me...he missed another girl when he was drunk...
But he told me that he did...and he said that he was very sorry...I think the fact that he told me what he did saved our relationship...
I think you should tell you boyfriend...it's better that he finds out from you rather than from someone else...
And if you're telling him this, I think he'll understand how bad you feel and how genuinely sorry you are...telling him you did that as a mistake would show how much you like him :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would suggest that you tell him yourself, imagine if your boyfriend did the same to you but he found out over a Facebook post or something. It would ruin your relationship, not that I actually care
Original post by lousmithy
my boyfriend (new boyfriend of few weeks), didn't contact me for 2 weeks through easter, but everything's okay, he's just awful at texting and always replied when i text him.

Last night i got very very drunk and ended up kissing one of our friends, weirdly i know that he has kissed my other friend and she has a boyfriend also. The guilt is eating me up however, and i know he won't tell anyone. I'm just feeling awful, what if it did come out…it was back at my friends house so no one saw

If i tell him i feel like it will ruin his friendship with our friend, and he will probably end it with me because it's so early on.

I had a similar situation with my boyfriend when he started uni and my advice is: the truth always comes out. A club with 3000 students in the middle of London and somehow the girls bestfriend still managed to run into us and accidentally reveal the truth. Finding out like that was absolutely humiliating and added insult to injury.

He didn't tell me because he thought I would walk but that was my decision to make NOT his, and it's not yours either. A couple makes decisions together. I stayed and I'm thankful because it's been long and hard but he's earned my trust and proved that we are so wonderful together. You just need to be prepared to work hard and prove that it was a mistake and not a character trait.
I slept with X amount of girls whilst in a relationship once. I posted on an internet website and convinced myself that it was all ok because random people, the majority of which have never been in a relationship, told me it was ok because I obviously feel guilty and OF COURSE it was a one off.

You know what you need to do OP, stop being a coward and trying to convince yourself you've done no wrong.

Captain honest out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending